Flowers for Algernon
Combine the following syllables to create words found in Charlie's letter to Dr. Strauss on June 4.
al ap co con da di dix dromes du ef fect for gence glan Ia in lar li mu na ob or pen pid port ra re scure struc syn ta tel though tin tion ture ue
- Under separate cover I am sending you a copy of my_____entitled:
- "The Algernon-Gordon_________: A Study of_____and Function of
- Increased______ ," which may be published if you see fit.
- I have included in my report all of my formulas, as well as______
- analyses of the_____in the_______.
- The more sensational aspects of my rapid climb cannot ____the facts.
- Reviewing the data on Algernon:________he is still in his physical youth, he has regressed mentally.
- Motor activity impaired; general reduction of ______functioning;
- accelerated loss of _____;and strong indications of_____
- As I show in my report, these and other physical and mental deterioration _______can be predicted with statistically significant results by the application of my new_________.
- As long as I am able to write, I will______to put down my thoughts and ideas in these progress reports.
- However, by all indications, my own mental deterioration will be quite_____.
An exercise to go with,
Teaching the Short Story, "Flowers for Algernon," to College-Level ESL Students
by Loretta Kasper