| iteslj.org/games |
Level: Any Level
This is an old favorite. Give each student a sheet of blank paper. Write the following words on the board in a vertical line: WHO, WHAT, HOW, WHERE, WHEN, WHY. Explain that everyone will be writing a sentence story. Write an example on the board, explain, asking for suggestions.
Submitted by: Vicki Konzen
- Tell them to write someone's name at the top of their paper, i.e., their own, a classmate's, the teacher's, a famous person that everyone knows; fold the paper over once so no one can see it, then pass the paper to the person on their right.
- Write on the received paper what the subject did (suggest funny or outrageous actions), fold it over and pass it on to the right.
- Continue to write one line, how they did it (adverbs), fold and pass; where-pass; when-pass; and last of all, why (because...) and pass it one more time.
- Have the students unfold their stories, and read them silently. Help anyone who cannot read what the others wrote, or doesn't understand.
- Ask one student at a time to read "their" story aloud, or turn the stories in for the teacher to read. Funny!
Copyright (C) 2004 by The Internet TESL Journal