| iteslj.org/games |
Alphabet Liar Game
Level: Any Level
- Take a pack of letter cards, mixed up. It is better if it is not a complete alphabet, and there are some duplicate cards.
- Deal all the cards out to the players
- Students take it in turns to play cards face down. They must go through the alphabet, starting from 'A', playing one card face down and saying the letters in Alphabetical order.
- Even if they do not have the card to be played for that turn, they must play any card and pretend it is the card they said. Say the sequence has gone A,B. The next player must play a card and say C, even if he has not got an C.
- If any player does not believe that someone has played the real card, he can say: "You're a liar" and turns the card over. If the card has the letter which was said, the challenger picks up all the cards. If it is not, the liar picks up all the cards in the pile. The winner is the first one to finish all their cards.
Submitted by: Raquel Fiol
Copyright (C) 2003 by The Internet TESL Journal