ESL : Bilingual : Japanese English
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- 300 English Vocabulary Crossword Puzzles with Japanese Hints (Charles Kelly)
- See the Japanese words, type in the English words. About 4,500 basic words.
- 50 Useful English Phrases (Japanese to English) (lint.co.jp)
- See the Japanse meaning and read and hear the English in RealAudio
- American Jokes (Munetaka Mori)
- Read jokes in English, then read the translation in Japanese. This used to be at www.americanjoke.com
- Animals You Might See in Japan (Matching Quiz) (Charles Kelly)
- 3 rounds of 12 questions. Drag the Japanese word to its English equivalent.
- Asahi Weekly - Weekly English Quiz
- This is for Japanese who are studying English.
- Asahi Weekly's Conversation (Kelly Yuzawa)
- An English dialog with a Japanese translation. (RealAudio)
- Baratan Word Game - (Japanse-English) [FRAME] (Flash Required)
- See a Japanese word, the put the English letters in the correct order. 30 words.
- Basic English Vocabulary (tufs.ac.jp)
- You can listen to the sentences and see a Japanese translation.
- Better English with Catherine Podcast (76.1 InterFM, Tokyo)
- A short podcast, mostly in Japanese focusing on one English phrase per show.
- Brain Food - English to Japanese Word Practice Videos
- Watch online or on a video iPod
- Brain Food - Japanese to English Word Practice Videos
- Watch online or on a video iPod
RSS = http://station81.com/files/6/23/rss.xml
- COCET 3300 - English-Japanese Glossary: 3300 Words for Science and Technology People (cocet.nime.ac.jp)
- All on one page (992 KB), Right-click or option-click to download to your HD.
- COCET 3300 - English-Japanese Vocabulary Practice
- Online practice with Flash and MP3 files of the 3300 words for scientists.
- English Blog! by b Watashino Eikaiwa English Lesson Partners
- Mnemonics in Japanese to help remember English vocabulary
- dictionary.pspinc.com - Japanese-English-Japanese Dictionary
- Jim Breen's EDICT searched by ALISE (A Little Internet Search Engine)
- Drag the Missing Words into the Blanks. [FRAME] (Flash Required)
- Read the Japanese sentence and complete the English sentence.
- e-Crossword (K. Yamashita)
- Various MP3 files for listening practice, taken from BBC, VOA, etc.
RSS = http://ei-go.seesaa.net/index20.rdf
- EI-TANGO 3.1 (Macintosh HyperCard Stack)
- Page is in Japanese. 1,155 yen shareware vocabulary study software.
- Ei-Tango Quiz (English-Japanese) (Java Applet)
- Multiple-choice quizzes from junior high school level up to university level.
- Eigo Crossword Puzzles
- English crossword puzzles with Japanese hints.
- Eigo de Hanasou
- For young Japanese children who want to study English. (Flash)
- Eigo no Jikan Podcast
- In English by a Japanese. RSS = http://promptbox.jp/eigo/podcast.php
- Eigo no Nuance de Yansu!
- Podcast by a Japanese woman and sometimes an American man's voice.
- EigoDaigaku's QuizTests (Some Tests Require Knowing Japanese) (Timothy Takemoto)
- About 20 quizzes using Kristina Pfaff-Harris' QuizTest CGI code.
- EigoDen - Listening Quizzes
- Listen using RealAudio, then answer the 3 multiple-choice questions. (7 Quizzes)
- EigoKing.seesaa.net - Bloomberg Boot Camp
- MP3 files with transcripts in English with Vocabulary in Japanese.
- Eikaiwa no Okeiko - English-Japanese Multiple-choice Quiz
- This requires the Shockwave plugin and a Japanese web browser.
- Eitango 10,000 Words Plan
- English-Japanese Study
- Eitango Meijin 10,000 (Freeware for Windows)
- For Japanese people studying English, so it requires reading Japanese, too
- Eitango no Quiz (comtec-alpha.com)
- Multiple-choice English-Japanese quizzes graded by CGI after each question.
- eiwa.excite.co.jp - English-Japanese -Antonym List
- Opposites:abnormal-normal, above-below, aboveboard-underhand, abroad-at home, ..
- eiwa.excite.co.jp - English-Japanese -Homonym List
- ad-add, ant-aunt, idle-idol, bough-bow, ...
- eiwa.excite.co.jp - English-Japanese -Synonym List [FRAME]
- ability-faculty-talent-genius-gift, able-capable-competent, ...
- English Breeze (Norito Kawana & Stuart Walker)
- Low kbps MP3 files on stories of interest to Japanese people with Jpn help.
- English Pronunciation Practice for Japanese Learners [FRAME] (Midori Iba, Paul Ross and Mark Sen)
- Rhythm, Intonation, Contraction, Assimilation, Linking, Elision, /r/ and /l/ etc
- English topic of the week
- One or two paragraph readings in English. The menus are in Japanese.
- English USA - Free Online English Conversation Book
- In Japanese - MP3 files, Dialogs, Words and Phrases - Courtesy of VOA
- English Vitamin Podder (Ruriko Yamaki)
- A podcast in English by an American and a Japanese. The page is in Japanese.
- English-Japanese 411 Useful Expressions
- as we speak, anything but, just because, ...
- English-Japanese Acronym Dictionary (C. Pulot)
- Acronym - to English - to Japanese
- English-Japanese Business English Dictionary Online (alc.co.jp)
- Requires a Japanese font. ÉrÉWÉlÉXâpåÍé'èë
- English-Japanese Dictionary of Electrical Engineering
- Online browsable dictionary.
- English-Japanese Glossary: Competition Law (jcl.gr.jp)
- You can browse the list of words or use the search engine.
- English-Japanese Glossary: Fumeikai Ryakugo Jiten
- A list of difficult to understand abbreviations with Japanese explanations.
- English-Japanese Glossary: Presentation / Resume Words (Masanori Sano)
- Inc. / Foundation / Corporate History / Board of Directors / Annual Turnover, ..
- English-Japanese GRE Word List (Last Updated: 12/14/2001)
- Words that appear on the GRE test. Japanese definitions and example sentences.
- English-Japanese Matching Quiz - Function Words (Charles Kelly)
- at, ago, or, its, in, above, however, themselves, ...
- English-Japanese Matching Quiz - Words on VOA's Special English Word List (Charles Kelly)
- 111 dozen questions. (111 rounds of 12 questions each.) Requires Flash 6 or newer.
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...