ESL : Grammar and English Usage
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- www.bartleby.com - American Heritage® Book of English Usage (1996)
- A detailed look at grammar, style, diction, word formation,... (For native speak
- www.bartleby.com - The Elements of Style
- By William Strunk, Jr. (1918) An early grammar book for native speakers.
- www.bartleby.com - The King’s English
- By H.W. Fowler. (1908) An early grammar book for native speakers.
- www.e-grammar.org (Ondrej Hanak)
- 8 PDF files of grammar rules on the main page. Also, some exercises.
- www.easierenglish.com - grammar (Michael Reid)
- Do you know how to ask questions?
- www.EasyEnglish.com - Lessons (Daniel S. Coggins/Josef Essberger)
- Some lessons by Josef Essberger and links to lessons on other websites.
- www.edufind.com's Online Grammar (David Blackie)
- Designed for native English speakers. (Digital Education Network / go-ed.com)
- www.ego4u.com - English Grammar Online (Pahlowm, Müller & Czapla)
- Grammar, Writing, Vocabulary, Tests, Study Tips, ...; Some German language on the site.
- www.englicious.com - A Tense Discussion: The Past Perfect (Dmitrij Lebed)
- A clear description of the Past Perfect with examples and timelines.
- www.englicious.com - A Tense Discussion: The Present Continuous (Dmitrij Lebed)
- A clear and thorough explanation of the Present Continuous, with timeline diagra
- www.englicious.com - A Tense Discussion: The Present Perfect (Dmitrij Lebed)
- A clear and thorough explanation of the Present Perfect, with timeline diagrams.
- www.englicious.com - A Tense Discussion: The Present Perfect Continuous (Dmitrij Lebed)
- A clear and thorough explanation of the Present Perfect Continuous, with timelin
- www.englicious.com - A Tense Discussion: The Present Simple (Dmitrij Lebed)
- A clear and thorough explanation of the Present Simple, with timeline diagrams.
- www.englicious.com - Irregular Verbs (Dmitrij Lebed)
- Elementary level list of irreg. verbs, (with links to longer lists).
- www.englicious.com - Verb Conjugation Chart (Dmitrij Lebed)
- Many sentences based on the phrase "drinking paint" (Verb + Noncountable Object)
- www.English-Zone.com - BE Verb Introduction - Simple Present Tense (Kaye Mastin Mallory)
- This is a chart: I am, You are, He is, ...; I am not, You aren't, ...; Am I?
- www.English-Zone.com - Irregular Verb Chart (Kaye Mastin Mallory)
- Irregular Verb Chart
- www.English-Zone.com - Preposition Combinations Dictionary (Kaye Mastin Mallory)
- Definitions, usage examples + quizzes.
- www.English4all.pro.br - Verb Tense Review (Katia Martins Pereira)
- A verb tense chart and then links to quizzes on other websites
- www.english4u.net.tc - Grammar Explanations (Herwig Rothländer)
- a-an / Past Tense / Conditional clauses / Plural / Present Simple / ...
- www.EnglishClub.com - English Grammar (Josef Essberger)
- What is Grammar, Glossary of Grammar Terms, 8 Parts of Speech, ...
- www.EnglishClub.com - How to use the word 'Sould' (EnglishClub.com)
- How to use the modal auxiliary verb
- www.EnglishClub.com - How to use the word 'Would'
- Would is an auxiliary verb, a modal auxiliary verb. We use ...
- www.EnglishDaily626.com - Common English Mistake Made by Chinese Speakers (Hon Long)
- The mistake is shown, then the correct way to say it is given.
- www.englishgrade.com - Grammar Explanations [FRAME] (Gideon Carr)
- Divided into levels.
- www.EnglishTensesWithCartoons.com (Artur Kownacki)
- For ESL students focusing on the topic of the English Tenses
- www.esl-curriculum.ca (Learning English with Laughter Ltd.)
- We have a complete line of curriculum for children, teens and adults.
- www.esl-lounge.com - Top 50 Irregular Verbs
- Most Common 50 Irregular Verbs In English
- www.esl-students.com - Grammar Comics (Lucille Lever)
- Can, Complaining Words, Wishful Thinking, Expressions of Agreement, Whether and If, ...
- www.ESLdesk.com - Pronouns (Nikolay Babin)
- List of pronouns, examples, quizzes, types of pronouns, pronouns and adjectives
- www.ESLmania.com - Grammar Explanations (Nancy Gregory)
- Verb Tenses, Since & For, Used To, ...
- www.esltower.com (Part of ESLgalaxy.com) (Kisi Nzembayie)
- English Grammar and Vocabulary Exercises, Online learning and printable workshee
- www.Fonetiks.org/spokenenglish (Tim Bowyer)
- ESL Learners mouse over language patterms to hear them instantly spoken
- www.grammar.cl - Grammar Explanations and Quizzes (Woodward Chile)
- A website aimed at adults and their interests
- www.GrammarMudge.CitySlide.com - ESL Notebook [FRAME] (Rich Turner)
- English Verb Tenses. Written for the more advanced student.
- www.gsu.edu - (Main Page) Lists of Grammar Items (S. Jones, T. McKlin, K. Vanasshce, L. Bryson)
- Speling Rules, American vs. British, Verb+Preposition Combinations, ...
- www.gsu.edu - Irregular Verbs
- by Susan Jones
- www.gsu.edu - Linking Verbs (Katrien Vanassche)
- Types of Linking Verbs, Subject-Verb Complement, Subject-Verb Adverbial, ...
- www.helping-you-learn-english.com (Diana Tower)
- Beginners, Your Stories, Newsletter, Ask Diana, ...
- www.LearnEnglishGuide.com (Internet Studios Spain)
- Grammar explanations. Also found at www.EnglishLanguageGuide.com.
- www.MyEnglishGrammar.com (Nee Chuang Chew)
- A site for free online English courses and exercises.
- www.perfect-english-grammar.com (Seonaid Beckwith)
- Grammar explanations, aimed at native speakers, but useful for upper level ESL.
- www.SayWhatESL.com -English Grammar Lessons (Dan Rueckert)
- This presentation requires more recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer
- www.schandlbooks.com - 10 Important Facts about American Verbs (C. Schandl)
- For ESL students.
- www.selfaccess.com - Free Sample Lesson (John Eyles)
- Free sample from a commercial website.
- www.sherton.com.ar - Agreement or disagreement (Adolfo Bieri)
- Example sentences: Affirmative (too) (so) Negative (either) (neither)
- www.sherton.com.ar - Coditionals (Types I, II and III) (Adolfo Bieri)
- Conditionals with examples in English and Spanish
- www.sherton.com.ar - Determiners (Adolfo Bieri)
- Translations in Spanish - They have examples too
- www.sherton.com.ar - Future Tense: Going to (Adolfo Bieri)
- Examples with translations in Spanish
- www.sherton.com.ar - Imperatives for Spanish Speakers (Adolfo Bieri)
- Examples with translations in Spanish
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...