ESL : Listening : Podcasts : For Native Speakers
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
These podcasts are aimed at native English speakers, so they are probably only interesting to advanced ESL students.
- A Prairie Home Companion - News from Lake Wobegon Podcast
- By the famous radio show host and comedian Garrison Keillor.
- ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Many Podcasts
- Hours of English podcasts each week.
- ABC News - Lists of Our Podcasts
- Nightline, Cybershake, Daily Dish, Good Morning America Highlights, This Week, .
- ABC News: Podcast : The AfterNote
- RSS = http://abcnews.go.com/xmldata/xmlAudio?id=741304
- News from Lake Wobegon, American RadioWorks, Marketplace Morning Report, etc.
- BBC Podcast - Documentaries (UK)
- RSS = http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rmhttp/downloadtrial/1xtra/txunltd/rss.xml
- BBC Podcast - Fighting Talk (UK)
- RSS = http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rmhttp/downloadtrial/fivelive/fightingtalk/rss.xml
- BBC Podcast - From Our Own Correspondent (UK)
- RSS = http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rmhttp/downloadtrial/radio4/fromourowncorrespondent/rss.xml
- BBC Podcast - Today Programme (UK)
- RSS = http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rmhttp/downloadtrial/radio4/today/rss.xml
- BBC Radio - List of All Podcast Feeds
- 15 Podcasts: The Weekender, Rumour Mill, Sportsweek, Today Programme, ...
- Bloomberg Boot Camp Podcast (90 Seconds - No Ads) (Fred Fishkin)
- MP3 files with transcripts. Aimed at native English speakers.
RSS = http://www.bootcamp.com/servlet/syndication?type=RSS_2.0_Month
- CBS News RSS Podcast Feeds
- 7 Podcasts: What's in the News, Entertainment Report, Weekend Roundup, ...
- CNN's Podcasts (Cable News Network)
- 3 Podcasts: News Update, Business Update and Special Programming
- Comedy Central's Video Podcasts
- Advanced students of English may enjoy these.
- Earth Watch Radio (Gaylord Nelson)
- Downloadable MP3 and Scripts on Web or RSS = http://ewradio.org/podcast/current/
- GyaaNova.blogspot.com - SAT Podcasts
- students teaching students
- History's Greatest Love Affairs (Ed M. Kliman)
- A monthly podcast
RSS = http://feeds.feedburner.com/HistorysGreatestLoveAffairs
- HistoryPodcast.BlogSpot.Com (Jason Watts)
- Taking history off the page and putting it on the air.
- Hometown Tales [FRAME] (Fitzpatrick & Minogue)
- Folklore and legends aimed at native English speakers (Advanced ESL students)
RSS = http://www.hometowntales.com/htpodcast.xml
- ICRT FM 100 News Room - EZ News (Not so easy.)
- From Taiwan
RSS = http://www.icrt.com.tw/en/ext/rss/eznews.xml
- iFirstAid Podcast (First Aid Advice Online) (St.John Ambulance)
- Basic Techniques
RSS = http://www.sja.org.uk/firstaid/downloads/rss.xml
- KCRW Podcasting (Santa Monica College)
- Quite a few programs are available for download as MP3 files.
- KPFA Podcasts
- 26 podcasts, mostly talk shows. Fresno, CA, USA 88.1 FM Radio
- KQED Podcasts (Public Radio Shows) (Northern California, USA)
- 2 Podcasts: Forum (Live Call-in) & Perspectives (Commentaries)
- KTVU News 2 Go Podcast (San Francisco, CA, USA)
- RSS = http://www.ktvu.com/podcast/topstory.rss
- Medical Edge Radio from Mayo Clinic
- It takes a few clicks to find them, but there are daily MP3 files here.
- NBC News Podcast
- Daily Podcast From NBC5 (Chicago)
RSS = http://www.nbc5.com/podcast/topstory.rss
- News Hour with Jim Lehrer [FRAME] (pbs.org)
- A few stories per day, approx. 9-to-12 minutes each.
RSS = http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rss/podcast.xml
- Newsweek On Air Podcast [FRAME]
- On Mondays
RSS = http://anon.newsweek.speedera.net/anon.newsweek/podcasts/podcast_onair.xml
- Philadelphia Daily News Podcast: News, Commentaries & Music
- Updated Fridays. RSS = http://pdn.philly.com/podcasts/feed.xml
- PoDictionary.libsyn.com - an audio word a day [FRAME] (Charles Hodgson)
- Very fast speaking, aimed at native speakers: coffee, scapegoat, ...
RSS = http://podictionary.libsyn.com/rss
- Radio National's Audio Downloads - Podcasting and MP3s (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Street Stories, Science Show, Night Air, Late Night Live, All in the Mind, ...
- Radio New Zealand's Podcasts
- Aimed at native English speakers. Many podcasts are available.
- Robert Beard's www.AlphaDictionary.com's podcast
- Words that native speakers may not know.
- San Francisco Chornicle's Podcasts (California, USA)
- Back Story, Bay Beats, Feedback, Food for Your Ears, On Location, On the Record, ...
- Science Friday - Podcast of this NPR Program
- RSS = http://www.sciencefriday.com/audio/scifriaudio.xml
- Stories to Go (Podcast or Direct Download) [FRAME]
- MP3 Files of short stories
RSS = http://feeds.feedburner.com/StoriesToGo
- Storynory - Free MP3 Files of Children's Stories (Hugh Fraser / Natasha Lee-Lewis)
- In British English. 3 Little Pigs, The Snow Queen, Hansel and Gretel, ...
RSS = http://feeds.feedburner.com/Storynory
- The Roanoke Times Podcasts (Roanoke, VA, USA)
- Inside Out; RSS = http://www.roanoke.com/multimedia/feeds/iopodcast.xml
- This Is America with Dennis Wholey
- Broadcast on PBS and VOA
RSS = http://thisisamerica.blogmatrix.com/index.xml
- This Week in Science (KDVS 90.3 FM - California, USA)
- RSS = http://www.twis.org/audio/podcast.rss
- Today's Podcast [FRAME] (Scott Brenner)
- Hopefully listeners learn an interesting word, its etymology and a context. For native speakers and maybe advanced students.
RSS = http://todayspodcast.com/index.xml
- UCTV Podcasts (University of California Television)
- Lectures, etc. Perhaps it is more useful to visit the webpage than to use RSS.
- VeryVocabulary.blogspot.com [FRAME] (Ben Westerman)
- Vocabulary study for native speakers studying for SAT, GRE, etc.
RSS = http://feeds.feedburner.com/veryvocabulary
- VOA's RSS Feed for Podcasts (Voice of America)
- Voice of America offers programs both aimed at native speakers and with limited vocabulary for learners.
- VoxPop Radio: A series of classic short stories from the public domain.
- Mark Twain, Edgar Allan Poe
RSS = http://feeds.feedburner.com/crackleback
- WBAL News Podcast (NBC, Channel 11) (Baltimore, Maryland, USA)
- Weekdays 6 AM RSS = http://www.thewbalchannel.com/podcast/topstory.rss
- Weekend America (Public Radio) [FRAME]
- Sat. 2 hrs. RSS = http://weekendamerica.publicradio.org/rss/podcast/podcast.xml
- WFMU's Podcasts (Jersey City, NJ, USA) (91.1 FM)
- Non-commercial, freeform radio. About 15 shows as Podcasts.
- WILL AM - FM - TV (Where Central Illinois Gets Its NPR) (University of Illinois, USA)
- 3 Podcasts RSS Feeds: Afternoon Magazine, Focus 580 & Media Matters
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...