ESL : Video
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- * ESL Videos @ www.ManyThing.org (Charles Kelly)
- Selected YouTube videos to help you study English. Some have transcripts.
- * HugoSite.com's 365 Video Lessons for Beginners (Tom David)
- Short self-learning lessons to help you speak and read English. (American accent)
- * LyricsTraining.com (Angel Fernandez de Teran Ruiz)
- Using YouTube videos, you fill in the blanks while listening to songs.
- * The Daily English Show (Sarah Lilburn)
- View online, download the MP4 file, or subscribe with iTunes
RSS = http://feeds.feedburner.com/tdes
- Again and Again by The Bird and Tthe Bee (Apple Mac Music Video)
- A repetitious, easy English pop song with subtitles. Good for beginners, too.
- Auld Lang Syne (Learn a Song Podcast) - Video Version for New Year's Eve (Charles Kelly)
- Sing the song while looking at the lyrics.
- You can watch Window Media or Real Media and download a PDF transcript.
- Barack Obama's Weekly Address (From the White House))
- Watch the video and read the text. (Video is also Close Captioned.)
- Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the Wind (Video with Lyrics Shown)
- This is a popular song for ESL classes.
- CommonCraft.com - Explanations in Plain English
- Not designed for ESL, but good for medium to upper level students.
- Counting Video (People in Order) (The Portable Film Festival)
- Good for ESL students: watch many people beat a drum and give their age.
- DavidOsaka's Videos for Young Learners (YouTube)
- Songs about Colors, Shapes, Months, Animals, etc.
- emol.org/movies - Free Movies (mpeg1 downloads and streaming)
- They are old movies, but downloadable. Bob Hope, Shirley Temple (Pre-1950's) For upper-level students. You should be aware that sometimes old movies use expressions that are not often used today.
- English with Jennifer - YouTube Playlists (Jennifer Lebedev)
- Grammar, Slang, Common Mistakes, Pronunciation, ...
- EnglishBaby's Videos (http://projects.serverboy.net/widge)
- Normal speed, natural conversations, aimed at the more advanced student.
- ESLpodTV (Paul Carr)
- ESL video and MP3 podcasts. British English. (Sometimes Japanese English.)
- ESLpodTV Lesson 14 - A Japanese Festival (1:48 Derivative)
- Video in slow and clear English by an Australian. Subtitled in English.
- ESLpodTV.KibishiPaul.com (Paul Carr)
- Video, accompanying text and vocabulary list. (every two weeks)
RSS = http://kibishipaul.com/blog1/feed/
- ESLvideo.com (Ryan Detwiler)
- Embedded YouTube videos with quizzes for ESL/EFL students.
- Family Album USA
- Macmillian's vidiocassettes on YouTube.
- Similar to YouTube, DailyMotion, etc. But you can also download for iPod or PSP.
- Janis's ESL Home Page (Janis Fair)
- ESL activities, some that she created others are links to other web sites.
- Jennifer's ESL Lessons on YouTube.com
- American Slang, Common Mistakes, English Vocabulary, etc.
- Jingle Bells (Learn a Song Podcast) - Video Version for Christmas (Charles Kelly)
- Listen and repeat phrase by phrase, then sing the whole song. Lyrics are shown.
- Ken's English Feed on SplashCast.com
- Weekly video podcast with listening, grammar and vocabulary
- Learn Restaurant Vocabulary (YouTube.com Video) (Jacob Richman)
- bread, breakfast, cake, chair, dessert, dinner, eggs, fork, glass, lunch, ...
- LearnAmericanEnglishOnline.com - Video Lessons [FRAME] (Paul Selcke)
- My videos on YouTube.com
- Lee Sledd's 13 Videos for Listening Practice (Lee Sledd)
- Cashing a Check, Visiting a Friend, In the Morning, Going Shopping, ...
- Mariah Carey - Without You - with Subtitles
- YouTube Vidio
- Mark Cox'sMES-TV : English vocabulary videos (Mark Cox)
- free vocabulary videos to use on-line; vocab, q&a, and interactive versions
- Mike Smith's YouTube Video: ESL Websites
- Introduces: a4esl.org, www.manythings.org, TDES, elllo.org, esl-lab.com, ...
- Miro Internet TV Player - Windows, Mac or Linux
- Maybe this is the best way to watch English language videos. It's free.
- MP4 Movies (Public Domain)
- For advanced students. Old classic movies Video iPod and PSP Compatible
RSS = http://feeds.feedburner.com/mp4
- MP4 Movies (Public Domain)
- Movies that you can download for free or watch using Miro. Not designed for ESL
- myEFA.org - English for All
- If you like, you can download all the video file using the RSS feed.
RSS = http://www.myefa.org/podcast/myefapodcasts.xml
- Obama's Weekly Address on January 31, 2009 for ESL Students
- Hear each sentence 4 times, the first time without captions, then with captions.
- Online English learning video resources for language learners (John Wong)
- Tapping into video resources on the web for language learners
- PBS Frontline - Watch Online Videos
- It's aimed at native English speakers, but can be used by advanced students.
- Ryan Higgins' ESL Lessons on YouTube.com
- IELTS Argument Essay Writing, How to Write a Letter,
- Searching YouTube for ESL Videos (John Wong)
- A page with useful search forms
- Sozo Exchange's Videos on YouTube
- Aimed at advanced ESL adults.
- Super Simple Songs by MILK (Moving, Imagining, Laughing Kids) [FRAME]
- YouTube.com videos
- The Law of Life (A Story by Jack London)
- Listen and read along with this 14-minute video in VOA Special English.
- Tiny Tots Japan [FRAME]
- Videos in English and Japanese for children studying English
- Tony and Thomas Take Tokyo [FRAME] (Thomas Sorensen)
- Easy English videos with subtitles.
- Virtual University: Video Interviews and Exercises (Brian Teaman)
- Native and non-native speakers of English living in Japan are interviewed.
- VOA's Special English TV @ www.wwenglish.com
- Many past shows can be seen with streaming WMV.
- VOA's The Classroom: Going Green: Solar Decathlon
- video, text, activites
- www.22frames.com - Links to Captioned Videos
- This site links to and embeds YouTube and other videos with captions.
- www.archive.org/details/feature_films (Claimed to be public domain)
- Over 600 classic videos in MP4 (for iPod, etc.), MP2 (for DVDs) and MPEG1.
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...