TESL : Internet : Web Authoring
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- PodBlaze.Com - Free Websites (up to 40 Mb) for Podcasters
- Teachers thinking about starting a podcast might want to check this out.
- Puzzlemaker.com (Paul Stephens)
- You can create word search puzzles, criss-cross puzzles and other online.
- Quiz Lab at Funbrain.com (Free)
- Teachers can make password-protected quizzes for their students which are saved on the funbrain.com server.
- QuizStar - Make Quizzes On-line
- Requires giving an email address to use (A spam risk!)
- QZ - A Quiz Script Suitable for Word Lists (John Chew)
- Written in Perl, tested on Macs, DOS and Unix systems . (Freeware)
- Site@School - Open Source CMS Designed for Primary Schools
- Students can have up to 99 personal pages. Minimum= PHP 4.3.9, MySQL 2.23.49
- TACTWeb (John Bradley and Geoffrey Rockwell)
- Text Analysis - Make a TACT database available on the Web - Requires a PC server
- Ten Tips for Effective Internet Article Writing (Donald Nelson)
- First paragraph clearly states ..., point-wise fashion, short paragraphs, etc.
- The Alertbox: Current Issues in Web Usability (Jakob Nielsen)
- bi-weekly column, lots of good information on web design
- The Tutorial Gateway at Carleton University (1995)
- A filter for CGI to make it easier to develop tutorial style questions
- Thriving on Screen: Web-Authoring for L2 Instruction
- By Jack Kimball, The Internet TESL Journal, February 1998
- Tool for Making Make Web Questions
- If you read Japanese and can edit the code a bit, this is quite good.
- Universal Usability in Practice (University of Maryland)
- Enable the widest range of users to benefit from your web site.
- University of Minnesota - Interactive Exercise Makers (Created by Swarthmore Mellon Grant Project)
- Annotating Text (GlossMaker); Student Input (ClozeMaker, MatchMaker, ...)
- UVic's Language Teaching Clipart Library
- Over 1,000 images that may be used on your web site if credit is given.
- You can use this utility to create your own gapped exercises.
- Vocabulary Training Exercises - Create Your Own Test
- You can use this to create tests similar to mine to put on your web site.
- VP Cloze (Tom Cobb)
- Web Mondai Sakusei Tools (For non-commercial use only)
- Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer (DJ Delorie)
- Enter your URL and see what your page looks like on an older browser.
- Web Page Design for Designers (Joe Gillespie)
- Good ideas, but the site uses low contrast colors, so it's hard to read.
- WebAIM - Web Accessibility in Mind
- How to make the content of your website accessible by those with disabilities.
- webwinder.com - Self-Grading Quiz Creator (Site Traffic Magnets)
- What Makes a Good Web Page (Charles Kelly)
- A page that should be read by any Web author or potential author.
- Word HTML Cleaner - A free-to-use, online tool. (Dean Allen)
- This will clean up the poorly-written verbose HTML produced by Microsoft Word.
- Write an HTML Self-Study Quiz (Charles I. Kelly)
- Easily generate quizzes which can be donated to Self-Study Quizzes for ESL Students or put on your own site.
- www.classtools.net - Free Flash Games for Educators (Marie-Anne Metz)
- Create free games: Manic Miner, CannonBall Fun, WordShoot, ...
- www.ESL-Lab.com - Streaming Audio Web Page Creation for Language Learning (Randall S. Davis)
- Streaming audio presentation on the creation of interactive audio web pages.
- www.readingmatrix.com - Script-O - QuizMaker & Course Page
- Register for free to create online quizzes hosted on their website.
- www.spunkyenglish.com - The Magnet Maker (Daryl L. Beres)
- Create free drag-and-drop interactive activities (like refrigerator poetry).
- www.widgetbox.com - YouTube
- Add an ESL/EFL YouTube user's videos to your webpage or blog.
- Xenu's Link Sleuth (Tilman Hausherr)
- Freeware link-checker for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.
- Yale Web Style Manual (Patrick Lynch & Sarah Horton)
- Design Strategies, Navigation, Site Structure and much more.
- z_LinkExchange - SiteInspector (Email address isn't actually needed.)
- Free. Checks HTML design, links, browser compatibility, ...
- z_z_Freedom Audio - Web-page Streaming Player
- z_z_Mike's Stupid PHP Quiz Generator (Michael Richmond)
- The PHP quizzes it makes will only work if 'Register Globals' is ON.
- z_z_Multilingual Computing (Robert Godwin-Jones)
- Information on using non-English character sets on the computer and Web.
- z_z_Webmonkey for Kids:Lessons (Good for Teachers, too.)
- Web Design, Using Templates, Putting It on the Web, Learning HTML, Layout, ...
- z_z_WordMeister - A Freeware Java 'Hangman' applet.
- You can use this to produce games for your ESL students.
- zz_Co0l Quiz - The Trivia Website - Write a Quiz
- You may write a trivia quiz for your students and put it online here.
- zz_Language Teaching programs from Martin Holmes
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...