TESL : Lesson Preparation Tools
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- Academic Vocabulary Gapmaker / Cloze Maker (Sandra Haywood)
- Input any text. All words on the Academic Word List (AWL) will become gaps.
- Academic Vocabulary Highlighter (Sandra Haywood)
- Input any text. All words on the Academic Word List (AWL) will be highlighted.
- Anagram Logic Anagram Finder
- Enter a word, then find many words that use the same letters. May be useful for creating ESL materials.
- Charles Kelly's Online Quiz Generator
- Generate a quiz that can be printed to paper or put online.
- Cloze Generator - Freeware for Mac or Windows (Kitao and Kamiya)
- Make blanks for every n-th word automatically, or make blanks manually.
- Cloze Test Creator (L. Georrges)
- Choices: Every Nth Word, Articles, Prepositions, Link Words, Auxilaries, etc.
- Create Bilingual Multiple-choice Quizzes to Print Out (Nicolas R Cueto)
- Easy to use. Copy and paste the results into your word processor if you like.
- Developing Learning Materials - Games (University of Minnesota)
- Matching Game, Mind-Mapping Tool, Movie Player, PowerPoint to Flash Converter, .
- Eclipse Crossword Puzzle Maker for Windows (Freeware)
- For Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, and XP. It will not run on Macintosh computers.
- bingo maker etc.
- ESL Handwriting Worksheet Wizard (Nick Ramsay)
- Automatically make English writing worksheets for children.
- GradeSpeed Lite (Freeware for Windows: GSLiteSetup.exe)
- A completely functional version of GradeSpeed, limited to 15 assignments.
- Instant Online Crossword Puzzle Maker (Crossword Weaver)
- Makes puzzles for free that you can use in class. It's a demo of a $40 product.
- Lexical Tutor's Cloze Passage Builders (Tom Cobb)
- Makes cloze exercises.
- Make Your Own Word Search Puzzle (Dave Regan)
- This page allows you to create word search puzzles using your words.
- Mark Cox's 123 Listening.com (Mark Cox)
- free listening tests, worksheets, audio and listening test makers
- Mark Cox's www.funfonix.com (Mark Cox)
- phonics workbooks, worksheet makers, clipart, and phonics games
- Mark Cox's www.toolsforeducators.com (Mark Cox)
- Free worksheet makers with images
- mirus.chat.ru/downloads/ - Freeware Puzzle Generator for Windows (Alisher Muhammadiev)
- Generates puzzles and other worksheets that could be used as class activity.
- Parapal Cloze (Freeware for Macintosh or Windows) (Charlie Williams)
- Make your own cloze (or gap fill) exercises.
- Personal Educational Press - Create free educational worksheets from your browser (Heidi Brumbaugh)
- Input your word list then get: flashcards, bingo board, quiz, tracing sheet, ...
- PowerPoint Game Templates (Jeff Ertzberger)
- Whole Class Participation Games
- Reading Level Analysis @ eslactivities.com
- Input text, then click the button.
- school.discovery.com's Teaching Tools
- PuzzleMaker, Quiz Center, Clip Art Gallery, Worksheet Generator, ...
- Sentence Mix (Freeware for Macintosh or Windows) (Charlie Williams)
- Application to automatically jumble sentences to make word ordering exercises
- Teach-nology.com - Classroom Materials Generators
- Bingo Card Generator, Award Certificate Generator, Progress Report Generator
- Teach-Nology.Com - Word Scramble Generator (email@example.com)
- Enter up to 999 words. Words are scrambled and you get an answer key.
- Textalyser.net (Bernhard Huber)
- Put text into the form to get information on its readability and complexity.
- The CASTLE Toolkit (Computer ASsisted Teaching & LEarning) (Matt Culwick)
- On-line authoring of CGI-graded quizzes for the Web. Free.
- TunePrompter - Create Your Own Karaoke Videos (Freeware - Mac or Windows)
- For ESL teachers, you can also easily make listen-and-read-along videos.
- Type IPA phonetic symbols online (Tomasz P. Szynalski)
- Online text editor for typing IPA. This didn't work with Explorer on a Macintosh.
- Word Tutle Word Search Puzzle Maker (Funbrain.com)
- Input your own words to create a 'word find' puzzle.
- Word Village's Word Search Puzzle Generator (Joel Comm)
- You can quickly make word search puzzles for your classroom from this page.
- WordSearch 1.1 (Freeware for Windows Computers)
- Good for ESL, since you can create puzzles with no reverse words.
- WordSearch Maker (for Windows Computers) (Tom Kuo)
- Wordsmyth Vocabulary Quiz Generator
- Registration required? Enter a word list and get a randomly-produced matching quiz with our definitions.
- www.AwesomeClipartForKids.com - Crossword Puzzle Maker (Tom Rajala)
- Enter your information, click the button and generate the puzzle.
- www.BarryFunEnglish.com - Flashcard Maker (Barry Kinter)
- Print colorful flascards that you can use in the classroom. (Flash required)
- www.ESLactivities.com (Justin Shewell)
- Crossword Generator, BINGO Card Generator, Picture BINGO Card Generator, ...
- www.ESLactivities.com - Bingo Card Generator (Justin Shewell)
- (July 2006) Currently there is no charge to use any of the activities or ...
Note: Please inform us if and when this site isn't free any more.
- Print crossword puzzles, word search puzzles and word scrambles for students.
- www.lessonwriter.com - creates lesson plans and worksheets from a text (Register to save and edit later.)
- Input a text, vocabulary list will be built and some exercises automatically.
- Create multiple-choice quizzes that can be downloaded onto mobile phones.
- www.WordCalc.com - Word Count & Syllable Counter (Matthew Simpson)
- Online word count and syllable analysis website.
- XWORD Puzzle Generator (Chris Greaves)
- You can create crossword puzzles online by just entering a word list.
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...