TESL : Lessons
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- esl4free.blogspot.com - Free Material For Teachers
- Download: New English File, More Grammar Games, Listening Practice Files, ...
- eslreading.org - Jungle Book Song - The Bare Neccessites (Kieran McGovern)
- A YouTube video and a worksheet
- eslreading.org - Summer School Resources for English Teachers (Kieran McGovern)
- Resources for EFL/ESL summer school teachers
- ETNI - Teachers Teaching Teachers
- Lesson Plans, Ideas, ... A no-nonsense, fast-loading, non-commercial site.
- everythingesl.net - Activities for Summer School ESL (Judie Haynes)
- Meet the challenge of teaching ESL summer school
- everythingesl.net - Amazing Animals (Judie Haynes)
- A lesson for beginners on animals
- everythingesl.net - Animal Habitats: The Polar Region (Judie Haynes)
- Compare polar regions with ESL students
- everythingesl.net - Be a weather reporter (Judie Haynes)
- Teach the vocabulary for weather to ESL students
- everythingesl.net - Categorizing and classifying animals (Judie Haynes)
- Intermediate ESL students will love this animal lesson
- everythingesl.net - Growing Flowers (Judie Haynes)
- Grow flowers in your ESL class with young students
- everythingesl.net - Happy Birthday America! (Judie Haynes)
- Lesson plan ideas for July 4th
- everythingesl.net - How plants grow (Judie Haynes)
- A background in how seeds grow into mature plants
- everythingesl.net - How weather effects our lives (Judie Haynes)
- Teach basic weather concepts to ESL students
- everythingesl.net - Introduce the concepts of American culture (Judie Haynes)
- Introduce the basic concepts of American culture
- everythingesl.net - Lesson Plans (Judie Haynes)
- Lessons for ESL, bilingual and classroom teachers working with K-12 ESL students
- everythingesl.net - Nutrition for Newcomers (Judie Haynes)
- Engage new students with this thematic unit on food
- everythingesl.net - Pumpkin carving (Judie Haynes)
- Give students experience with celebrating this American holiday
- everythingesl.net - Read and fictional wolves (Judie Haynes)
- Conduct research using nonfiction books with young ESL students
- everythingesl.net - Santa Claus Around the World (Judie Haynes)
- Santa legends from cultures all over the world
- everythingesl.net - Settling the Plymouth Colony (Judie Haynes)
- This lesson helps teach the concepts of religious freedom and self-government
- everythingesl.net - Signs of Spring (Judie Haynes)
- Identify the signs on Spring with ESL students
- everythingesl.net - Thanksgiving Lesson Plan (Judie Haynes)
- Ideas for Thanksgiving lessons
- everythingesl.net - TPR is a Valuable Tool (Judie Haynes)
- Direct visual instruction for newcomers
- everythingesl.net - TPR: Hop! Skip! Jump! (Judie Haynes)
- Teach action words through mime. A lesson plan for any age student.
- everythingesl.net - Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf (Judie Haynes)
- Interviews from Little Red Riding Hood
- everythingesl.net - Who's inside the mitten? (Judie Haynes)
- A drama for young ESL students based on Jan Brett's
- everythingesl.net - Winter Celebrations (Judie Haynes)
- Teach about winter celebrations from around the world
- Exercises for Lowering Writing Students' Peer Evaluation Anxieties
- By Christopher Glick, The Language Teacher Online, March 1997
- Expressive Writing Skills Enhanced Through the Use of Poetry
- By Prisca Molotsi, Literacy Across Cultures, 2000
- Famous People Lessons (Sean Banville)
- ESL lessons using biographies of famous people. MP3 Files and a handout for the classroom.
- Fingerplays & Rhymes: Five Little Monkeys (Julie Vickery)
- number concepts (1-5); counting backwords
- Fingerplays & Rhymes: Right Hand, Left Hand (Julie Vickery)
- teaches right and left
- Fingerplays & Rhymes: Sleepy Caterpillars (Julie Vickery)
- Natural processes; vocabulary--caterpillar, cocoon, butterfly
- Fingerplays & Rhymes: Teatime (Julie Vickery)
- Simple actions; vocabulary--cup, pot, pour, drink; includes teaching strategies
- Fingerplays & Rhymes: There Was a Little Turtle (Julie Vickery)
- past tense; contrast; includes teaching strategies
- FLTEACH FAQ - Activities That Work - For the Teacher (Lee Risley)
- Blocks/Algebraic Rods, Bulletin Boards, Card Games, Game Rules, ...
- FLTEACH FAQ - Activities That Work - Foreign Language Mini-Topics (Lee Risley)
- Art Activities, Clothing & Body Parts, Colors, Family, Idiom Fun, ...
- FLTEACH FAQ - Activities That Work - General Classroom Activities (Lee Risley)
- Appointments, Pairing and Telling Time, Competition, Describe It, ...
- FLTEACH FAQ - Activities That Work - Grammar and Spelling. (Lee Risley)
- Adjectives, Commands, Demonstratives, Object Pronouns, Possessives, Prepositions
- FLTEACH FAQ - Activities That Work - Holidays (Lee Risley)
- Dia de los Muertos, Sainte Catherine, and Holidays in General
- FLTEACH FAQ - Activities That Work - Special Activities (Lee Risley)
- Animals in the FL Classroom, Class Warm-Ups, Fashion Shows, Native Games, ...
- FLTEACH FAQ - Activities That Work - Special Times of Challenge (Lee Risley)
- Beginning of the Year, End of Class Periods, End of the Year, Fridays, ...
- Fran's ESL Publications (Fran Marshall)
- A commercial site with some usable samples online. Stories for ESL students, class opener activities
- Futonge Kisito's EnglishMediaLab - ESL PowerPoint Video Lessons
- ESL Videos lessons for beginners (PowerPoint Videos) These didn't work on the Macintosh computer we used to test it.
- Futonge Kisito's www.englishmedialab.com
- ESL PowerPoint Videos, Interactive ESL Quizzes for free online learning
- Game for Language Teaching - Think Fast (Lindsay Miller)
- AIM: Practice old and newly-learnt vocabulary. NEEDS: a ball. TIME: Variable
- Games and Activities for the ESL Classroom (Internet TESL Journal)
- Games and activities which teachers have found useful. You may also add your own favorite activities to this page.
- genkienglish.net - Classroom ESL Games (Richard Graham)
- Sticky Fingers, Ostrich Game, Newspaper Sumo, Hammer Game, Banana Tree, ...
- Getting to Know You (A handout to use for the first day of class)
- By Henry Reese, The Internet TESL Journal, July 1996
- Giving and Accepting Compliments
- By Gerard Counihan, The Internet TESL Journal, February 1999
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...