TESL : Linguistics
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- Applied Linguistics Without Tears: An Online Reference [FRAME] (Khalid Abalhassan)
- A dictionary that uses every day English to explain terms. Requires using an image map.
- Big Applied Linguistics Database (Richard Watson Todd)
- A personal database of over 5,000 entries concerning applied linguistics
- Conditional Sentences: ELT Typology and Corpus Evidence (Costas Gabrielatos)
- PDF File: Paper given at the 36th Annual BAAL Meeting (2003)
- Corpus Linguistics: What It Is and How It Can Be Applied to Teaching
- By Daniel Krieger, The Internet TESL Journal, March 2003
- Glossary of linguistic terms (Eugene E. Loos and others)
- Elicitation, quality implicature, hodiernal past tense and other terms defined.
- Inference: Procedures and implications for TEFL. Part 1. Background (Costas Gabrielatos)
- TESOL Greece Newsletter, 63, pp. 15-20
- Inference: Procedures and implications for TEFL. Part 2. Examples and teaching implications (Costas Gabrielatos)
- TESOL Greece Newsletter, 64, pp. 10-15
- Karen's Linguistics Issues (Karen Barnes)
- CALL, Descriptions of English, Lexis, Phonetics & Phonology, Sociolinguistics, ...
- KWIC Concordance for Windows95/98/NT4.0/2000/XP (Tsukamoto)
- Version 4.7 was released in June of 2004.
- KWICFinder: Web Concordancer & Online Research Tool (William H. Fletcher)
- Must register an email address. Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP & Explorer 5.5 or +
- Linguist Nunberg on American and British English (NPR's Fresh Air)
- Listen to Linguist Geoff Nunberg consider the differences. (RealAudio)
- Linguistics for Beginners: The Past, Present, and Future of an Online Tutorial
- By Guido Ipsen, Erfurt Electronic Studies in English 2001
- Michigan Corpus of Academic Spoken English (MICASE)
- Browse or search this corpus online.
- Putting It Mildly: The Interrelation between Adverbs of Manner and Adverbs of Degree
- By Rolf Herwig, Erfurt Electronic Studies in English 1998
- Search PICLE and comparable corpora (Pawe? Nowak)
- sub-corpus of the International Corpus of Learner English (ICLE).
- Sketch Engine (Adam Kilgarriff)
- Corpus Query System incorporating word sketches, grammatical relations, ...
- Speaking of Speech Acts
- By Friedrich Lenz, Erfurt Electronic Studies in English 1997
- Systematic Dictionary of Corpus Linguistics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computational L
- TextSTAT - Simple Text Analysis Tool (Freeware)
- Concordance software for Windows, GNU/Linux and MacOS X
- The Case for Computer-Aided Textual Analysis
- By Francoise Deconinck-Brossard, Erfurt Electronic Studies in English 1996
- Umich's Archive of Linguistic Papers
- Read the "00index.txt" for abstracts.
- Using concordance programs in the modern foreign languages classroom (Lamy & Mortensen)
- What are they, how can they help, software, corpora, practical illustrations, ..
- WebCONC (Matthias H?ing)
- KWIC-concordances using GOOGLE (or define your own)
- www.phillaw.aznet.org - SYSTEMATIZATION OF SYNTAXES (Jabbar Manaf oglu Mammadov)
- New system of linguistics
- z_Applied Linguistics Centre (Winnipeg, Canada)
- esl, toefl, toeic, english language study programs
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...