TESL : Pronunciation
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- Bill Practical Phonetics Ear Training (John Maidment)
- Materials posted for an ear training course.
- English is Soup! A Phonics Resource for ESL Adults
- Downloadable PDF files: Vowels and Vowel Blends, Vowels Sounds with R, ...
- English Pronunciation Tip of the Day (John Maidment)
- Useful for ESL teachers. Maybe also useful for advanced ESL students in the UK.
- English Vowels Compared to Portuguese (Ricardo Schütz)
- A phonological comparative analysis of vowels between English & Portuguese
- English Vowels in IPA (Canadian English) (Kevin Russell)
- The symbols have been used in a very close to the way they should be used in IPA
- English with an accent (Rias van den Doel)
- Experiment investigating native-speaker reactions to Dutch English
- Introduction to English Phonetics - Online Book (University of Lausanne)
- Sound Production, Consonants and Vowels, IPA, Fricatives, Laterals, ...
- IPA Phones and Phonemes of English (George Dillon)
- You can download a 6 Mb zip of this whole directory for offline studying.
- Minimal Pairs, Listening Lists and More (Caroline Bowen)
- For phonological and articulation therapy
- Online Intonation - For teachers of ESL, not students. (John Maidment)
- Phonetic Flash (John Maidment)
- Improve your knowledge of phonetic symbols.
- Phthong for LIN100 (Henry Rogers, Michael Stairs)
- A tutorial for the phonemic transcription of English
- Producing Phonetic Transcriptions on your Computer (Karen's Linguistics)
- PDF file. A straightforward guide to using IPA phonetic symbols software.
- Pronunciation Diagnostic Test (Susan C. Anthony)
- Model the sentence once, as the student repeats, listen for errors.
- Pronunciation Problems for Brazilian Students (Karen Barnes)
- Problems that Brazilian students face with the pronunciation of English.
- Seminole Community College's ESOL Lesson Plans - Pronunciation
- Downloadable PDF files.
- SIL IPA Fonts - for both Macintosh and Windows
- SIL IPA Fonts 1.2 & SIL IPA93 Fonts 2.0 are free.
- www.englicious.com - Thad's Vacation Plans (Dmitrij Lebed)
- A 'th' pronunciation practice dialog(ue).
- www.englicious.com - The Thinker's Sister (Dmitrij Lebed)
- A 'th' pronunciation practice dialog(ue), and a not-too-shabby poem, to boot.
- www.speak-read-write.com - Minimal Pair Lists (Sally Jennings)
- mat pat bat cat rat fat that hat knat / mad pad bad cad rad fad had / etc.
- www.speech-language-therapy.com - Minimal Pair Lists
- British spelling used.
- www.teaching-esl-to-adults.com - English Past Tense Pronunciation (Debra Garcia)
- How to teach pronunciation of past tense endings for regular verbs.
- www.teaching-esl-to-adults.com - Teaching Voiced and Unvoiced Sounds (Debra Garcia)
- How to teach the concept of voiced and unvoiced sounds.
- www.teaching-esl-to-adults.com - Tongue Twisters for Pronunciation (Debra Garcia)
- Better Botter's Better Batter, Betty Baotter had some butter, ...
- z_Minimal Pairs - 40 Minimal Pairs Listed (Lucy Silver)
- bleed-plead, cap-cat, came-cane, know-dough, fast-vast, gnat-mat, ...
- zz_The International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- You can download a GIF image of the entire alphabet.
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...