TESL : Raw Materials for Lessons
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- BogglesWorldESL.com (Previously BogglesWorld.com) (Chris Gunn)
- Crosswords, Word Searches, Flash Cards, Verbs, Songs, Work Sheets, ...
- Children of Japan (1941) Pre-war educational documentary film (Public Domain)
- Good for use with EFL students in Japan. Clearly spoken English.
- CIA Fact Book - USA Geography
- This might be an interesting site to send your student to.
- Conversation Questions - Saint Patrick's Day
- Some questions which you can use in your ESL conversation classes.
- Conversation Topics for Lonely Foreigners 101 (Jeremy Hart)
- An article about 'safe' conversation topics.
- Culturally Authentic Pictorial Lexicon (Washington & Jefferson College)
- License Free Photos for ESL
- Design Your Own Game Boards (jc-schools.net)
- Download the PowerPoint template.
- DigitalChalkWorsksheets.com - ESL Images (Alex Reyes)
- Downloadable PDF files with images and words. (free); flashcards
- Do2Learn - Picture Cards (Flashcards, Coloring Images)
- school, home, food, body parts, personal care, weather, fire safety, ...
- EduPics.com - Educational Pictures for Primary School (Mike de Kievith)
- Images you can download and print for young students.
- ESL Action Photos (Barry Bakin)
- 38 photos of actions for educational use in the classroom.
- ESL Action Photos Online (Barry Bakin)
- Photos you can use.
- Estuary English (John Wells)
- The form of English widely spoken in London and around the Thames Estuary, UK
- Futonge Kisito's ESL Galaxy - PowerPoint for the Classroom
- PPS files: Presentations for Beginners/Kids and Higher Levels
- Gender-Neutral Pronoun FAQ (John Williams)
- Designed for native English speakers. Get a few ideas for creating a lesson.
- genkienglish.net - Clip Art for ESL Flashcards (Richard Graham)
- PDF files: hungry, tired, cold, sad, happy, rainy, cloudy, windy, ...
- HTI Public Domain Modern English Collection (umich.edu)
- Public Domain Texts you may be able to modify for classroom use.
- International Children's Digital Library
- Teachers may find books appropriate for ESL here. Student may need help finding
- Letter Perfect English (Lorraine Jean Hopping)
- How to create, adapt, and use language games, free activities to download
- LitQuotes - Quotes From Literature
- This might possibly be useful for teacher of advanced ESL students.
- MES English - Flashcards, Game Cards and Bingo Cards (Mark Cox)
- Printable PDF files: fruit, health, bedroom, countries, adjectives, kitchen, ...
- Metaphor Resources (John Casnig)
- Teacher and student resources for learning and using metaphors.
- My Neighbor Totoro - Transcript Page (Bill Pellowe)
- Teachers and students using videos would appreciate this accurate transcript.
- Name Fruits and Vegitables - Aural Quiz
- Example: Name a spiny, green vegetable that starts with A Answer: Artichoke
- Paul Cockcroft's Literacy Resources - English
- Antonyms, Plurals, Compound Words, Dialect, ...
- PerpetualPreschool.com - Language and Literacy Ideas
- Not for ESL, but you may find some good ideas here. (Over 150 Kb - be patient)
- Personal Questions and Stock Replies to Personal Questions
- RTF FILE: Questions that can be intrusive and conventional replies to such questions
- Project Gutenberg - Etext Listings (Pietro Di Miceli)
- A large archive of public domain texts in text file format.
- Rainbow Educator's Network - Reading Passages (Gay & Lesbian Issues)
- Elien Comes to Japan, AIDS Information, Quotations, Fighting Homophobia
- School-Home Links Reading Kit (US Depart. of Education & Los Angel)
- PDF files of handouts designed for American Kindergarten through 3rd Grade.
- Study Guides and Strategies (Joe Landsberger)
- Teachers may want to refer advanced students to this website. (Public Service)
- Survey of English Usage
- Department of English Language and Literature at University College London.
- Telephone Skills Resource Kit (Catholic Charities)
- a curriculum guide, goal setting tools, sample lesson plans, worksheets, ...
- Thanksgiving Day: Filled with Family Traditions and Food
- Text & MP3 file in VOA Special English (clearly spoken with limited vocabulary)
- Top 10 Male & Top 10 Female First Names in 2003
- A list of common names to use in materials you are writing for your students? (Lots of advertising!)
- Web Concordancer (English) (Chris Greaves)
- Enter the search string and select a corpus file (WWwConcApp)
- A community-edited encyclopedia on the Web. Simplified English, too.
- Wikipedia: Spoken Word Versions Articles
- Ogg audio format; GNU Free Documentation License
- WPclipart.com (P. Sherman)
- Public domain images that you can use anywhere.
- ww.antimoon.com - Language learning: Myths and facts (Tomasz P. Szynalski)
- My rebuttals of what I consider to be myths about language learning
- www.abcteach.com - flashcards - people, places or things
- father, mother, aunt, uncle, bedroom, bathroom, mop, toothbrush, etc.
- www.antimoon.com - Why do people sign up for English classes? (Tomasz P. Szynalski)
- My opinion
- Feel free to use Barrys Clipart Server content in personal/ non profit projects.
- Claims to have over 22,000 free images, clipart, illustrations and photographs.
- www.do2learn.com - Clip Art / Picture Cards
- Images to use to convey word meanings. (See this page to see an example.
- www.eltlabs.org - Teaching English in Budapest (Anita Deri)
- Materials to download for Budapest, Hungary.
- www.englicious.com - Number Callout Dominos (Dmitrij Lebed)
- A game to practice speaking numbers, including fractions, money, and phone #s.
- www.englicious.com -The Cryptifier (Dmitrij Lebed)
- A tool for creating cryptograms for the classroom. Insert text and CRYPTIFY!!
- www.ESL-kids.com - Flashcards (Nick Ramsay)
- PDF Files: Actions, Feelings, Months, Animals, Rooms, Shapes, ...
- www.esl-lounge.com - Advanced Reading Comprehension - Jesus & The Aubergines (Neil Coghlan)
- A short story with accompanying multiple choice questions.
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...