TESL : Teaching Tips and Ideas
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- 75 ESL Teaching Ideas
- By Hall Houston, The Internet TESL Journal, November 1999
- Activities That Work (FLTEACH FAQ) (Lee Risley)
- Grammar Points, Spelling, Holidays, General Activities, Mini-Topics, ...
- Authentic Materials: An Overview
- by Alejandro G. Martinez, Karen's Linguistics Issues, February 2002
- BYU's English Language Cybercenter - Teacher Corner (Glen Probst)
- Adult Education ESL Teachers Guide, Best Teacher Description, Teacher Preparation,...
- Classroom Activities Centering Around Word Lists (Carole Elkele)
- Put in ABC order, Invent Riddles, Give Definitions, Count Letters,Make Sentences
- Communicative English - A Practical Guide (JET Program)
- Creating a Good Classroom Environment, Suggested Activities, ...
- Conversation starters for students of different levels (Reid Wilson)
- Please tell me about your family. What did you do yesterday? etc.
- Crash Course in Copyright
- What's fair use? and other questions answered.
- DevelopingTeachers.Com - The Current Tip (Alistair Dickinson)
- A page with a tip for the developing language teacher
- DevelopingTeachers.com's Teaching Tips (Alistair Dickinson)
- Dewi Saint, Toning It Down, Real Why Questions, Phoning, ...
- English Language Institute - Technology Tip of the Month (Deborah Healey)
- Often tips directly related to English teaching or English learning, always useful
- eslreading.org - Course content suggestion by Rocky Nelson (Kieran McGovern)
- For extensive reading
- everythingesl.net - Activities for Newcomers (Judie Haynes)
- Activity-based tips for new ESL students
- everythingesl.net - Ask Judie
- Judie Haynes will answer your questions about things related to ESL teaching
- everythingesl.net - Creating an Atmosphere of Acceptance (Judie Haynes)
- Alleviate newcomers fear by creating a welcoming environment
- everythingesl.net - Effective Back-to-School Nights (Judie Haynes)
- How to put together an effective, low cost 'Back to School Night
- everythingesl.net - English Language Learners and the Hidden Curriculum (Judie Haynes)
- Teach your students culturally appropriate responses in a variety of situations
- everythingesl.net - Graphic Organizers for Content Instruction (Judie Haynes)
- Make content area information more accessible to English Language Learners
- everythingesl.net - How to Develop Questioning Strategies (Judie Haynes)
- Learn how to ask questions of newcomers at their level of language acquisition
- everythingesl.net - Learning Disability or Language Development Issue? (Judie Haynes)
- Helpful hints to determine if an ESL student needs special education
- everythingesl.net - Study Skills for ELLs (Judie Haynes)
- Teach studying techniques to your English language learners
- everythingesl.net - Teaching to Students' Learning Styles (Judie Haynes)
- A brief description of various learning styles and how to teach to them
- everythingesl.net - The ESL Teacher as Cultural Broker (Judie Haynes)
- Brief explanations of 10 activities for professional development programs.
- everythingesl.net - Tips on Communicating (Judie Haynes)
- Learn to effectively communicate with new English language learners
- Extensive Listening (Rob Waring)
- Links, Handouts, Research, What's Extensive Listening, Materials, Setting Up
- FLTEACH FAQ - Classroom Management (Lee Risley)
- Starting the Class, Transitions between Activities, Seating Charts, ...
- FLTEACH FAQ - Discipline in the Classroom (Lee Risley)
- Maintaining Control While Still Having Fun, Basic Approach to Discipline, etc.
- FLTEACH FAQ - Homework and Teacher Paperload (Lee Risley)
- Dealing Fairly & Efficiently with Homework, Workbooks, etc.
- FLTEACH FAQ - Main Page (Lee Risley)
- Advice to New Teachers, Accent Marks, Activities That Work, Art Projects, ...
- FLTEACH FAQ - Student Journals in the FL Classroom (Lee Risley)
- Some teachers use student journals to help students become better organized.
- Forty Helpful Hints & Tips for Making Your ESL Teaching Easier and More Fun
- Printed in Hands-on English, July/August 1994
- genkienglish.net - Lesson Plan - a fun 45 minutes! (Richard Graham)
- How to plan a 45-minute lesson
- genkienglish.net - Some General Hints and Pointers (Richard Graham)
- Picture cards, Jaken, Vary-Vary-Vary, Keep things simple, ...
- GigglePotz.com - Reading Ideas for ESL Teachers (Lawrence Sharon)
- Predicting, Drawing Conclusions, Making Generalizations, ...
- http://www.englishabroad.ca (Gordon Reisdorf)
- An introduction to teaching English overseas
- Merit Software Teaching Tips: Reading Fundamentals - Vocabulary
- How to use software to improve students reading and vocabulary skills
- Music in ELT (Marcin Stanowski)
- Reasons for using music, songs, activities, lesson plans and links to websites.
- My Philosophy for Teaching English for Business
- By Lawrence Baron, The Internet TESL Journal, November 1998
- Mostly articles by Dorit Sasson.
- Perception in English Spelling (Andrew Weiler)
- A quiz to help improve insights into English Spelling
- Phil's EFL Support (Phil Quirke)
- Givea EFL/ESL teachers studying Masters and Diplomas all the support they need.
- Plain English Action Network (www.plainlanguage.gov)
- How To Write in Plain English, Example Library, Reference Library, Legal Citations, ...
- Reflections: A Learning Journal (Andrew E. Finch)
- A collection of integrated, interactive, reflective activites for teachers
- Six Tips for Teaching Lower Level Junior High School ESL Students
- By Dorit Sasson, The Internet TESL Journal, July 2007
- Spice Up Your Spelling Words (Lee Shiney)
- 40 ways to make spelling fun.
- Successful Classroom Discussions with Adult Korean ESL/EFL Learners
- By Hye-Yeon Lim & W. I. Griffith, The Internet TESL Journal, May 2003
- Not specifically ESL/EFL: Offers Lesson plans, worksheets, ...
- Teacher's Tips: Online Grammar Teaching and Learning
- By Caroline Ho Mei Lin, The Internet TESL Journal, December 1997
- Ten Ideas for Conversation (Lingolex , Granada, Spain)
- Speaking for 1 Minute, Yes/No Game, Call My Bluff, Board Games, ...
- TESL Resource Guide - Main Page (New Brunswick Department of Education)
- A 'slide show' presentation. Understanding Second Language Learning, Tips for Tutors, Activities, Teaching and Learning Methods, ...
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...