TESL : Teaching Tips and Ideas
There are currently 10192 registered links.
This is a sub-page of
The Internet TESL Journal's
Links of Interest to Teachers and Students of English as a Second Language
Main Page | Links for Students | Links for Teachers | What's New
|iteslj.org / links||Links of Interest to Students & Teachers of English as a Second Language|
- The First Day of Class (NoFirstNameListed Clement)
- Three Wise Monkeys [FRAME] (Ed Edgar)
- a collection of teaching ideas
- Tips for Teaching Conversation in the Mulitlingual ESL Classroom
- By Cara Pulick, The Internet TESL Journal, April 2005
- Using Creative Dictation to Manage, Motivate, and Activate Large Groups of False Beginners (Robert W. Norris)
- An article on new ways of using an old technique.
- Using Newspapers in the Classroom: A Personal Experience
- by Thevy Rajaretnam, Karen's Linguistics Issues, July 2002
- www.atcbc.com/tips.html#tips_jan09 (Alaya International Training Center)
- 1. Start your lesson with your whole group. 2. Use a theme-based approach, 3. Divide your ...
- www.englicious.com - Randomness (Dmitrij Lebed)
- How to unleash the unexpected to spice up classroom activities.
- www.englicious.com -Chains For All Occasions (Dmitrij Lebed)
- Chain activities for classroom fun.
- www.English-the-International-Language.com - Advice (John Finnis)
- Advice for prospective, new and established ESL and EFL teachers.
- www.english.hb.pl - Tips and Tricks for English Learners (Pawel Kowalczyk)
- Mnemonics and Mind Maps, Harness the Power of Google, Song Lyrics
- www.EnglishInTaiwan.com - Teaching Tips (Dale Mackie)
- Speak slowly, don't use a lot of slang, make class fun, learn names, ...
- www.ESL-Teaching.net - Tips (David Smalley)
- Set up like a weblog with tips from the Administrator.
- www.ESLkidStuff.com - Tips Library [FRAME] (Jeremy Cowling)
- Classroom Supplies, Crafts, Theory, Literature, Classroom Management, ...
- www.ESLmania.com - Ideas for Teachers (Nancy Gregory)
- Get classroom ideas and exercises for students
- www.everythingesl.net - 25 Resources to Teach About Diversity (Judie Haynes)
- How to teach students about peace and tolerance for diverse cultures
- www.everythingesl.net - A is for Apple (Judie Haynes)
- Thematic unit for young students on apples
- www.iravani-toefl.com - English for Non-natine Speakers (Hasan Iravani)
- Some downloadable .doc files
- www.LetsLearnEnglish.co.uk - Teachers' Tips (Educational Software Products)
- Helpful tips for busy teachers, arranged by skill. Reading, Writing, etc.
- www.MusicalEnglishLessons.org - How to create ESL worksheets for use with songs (Bibi Baxter)
- How to create ESL worksheets for use with songs
- www.teachefl.com - a Polish site for teachers. [FRAME] (Marcin Stanowski)
- Various resources for teaching English as a foreign language
- www.TeachEnglish.ws (Keith Taynton)
- Game ideas and bingo generator
- www.TeacherJoe.us - 5 Principles for Motivating ESL Students (Joseph DeVeto)
- Motivate ESL students to speak out using these five basic ideas.
- www.teaching-esl-to-adults.com - ESL Verb Tenses (Debra Garcia)
- How to teach forms and functions of all English verb tenses.
- www.teaching-esl-to-adults.com - Teaching Reading to ESL Students (Debra Garcia)
- List and description of steps to develop an effective reading lesson plan.
- www.teaching-esl-to-adults.com - Writing Lesson Plans (Debra Garcia)
- How to write and evaluate lesson plans. Developing objectives, activities, eval.
- www.teachingenglishgames.com (Shelley Ann Vernon)
- ideas for teaching young children
- Idea submitted by visitors to the website. Not specifically ESL or EFL.
- www.TESOLacademic.org (Huw Jarvis)
- Videos of teachers talking about their research and its impact on practice.
- www.themoderninstitute.eu's Teaching Tips (Thomas Topham and David Read)
- A Moodle 'course.' The enrollment key is 'freestuff'
- Feel free to use this exercise in your home education or literacy work
- z_Pz_arent Guide to the ESL Standards for Pre-K?12 Students (Emily Lynch G?mez)
- What are ESL standards? and other questions answered.
- z_Survival Guide for New Teachers (US Department of Education)
- Working with Veteran Teachers, Working with Parents, ...
- z_www.TeachingEnglish.org.uk - Tips (BBC & British Council)
- Find ideas for your class and teaching sent in by contributors.
Activities for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...
The Internet TESL Journal
Monthly Online Journal
Interesting Things for ESL Students
Quizzes, Puzzzles, ...