A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- What do you like about your community?
- How did you decide on your community?
- What do you think should be changed in your community?
- How can you help your community?
- How many of your neighbors do you know?
- Are there old people living in your community? Tell me about them.
- Are there little children in your community? Tell me about them.
- What do the people in your community do for recreation?
- What do you think is the most important thing about community?
- Does your community have special days to get together?
- Does your community have meetings?
- Is there a neighborhood watch program in your community?
- Would you like to raise your children in a community like yours? If yes, tell me why. If no, tell me why?
- Is your community afraid of strangers?
- How can you live in a community and maintain your privacy?
- Does your community welcome strangers?
- Have you ever helped a neighbor?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Thanks to William St. John who suggested this topic and contributed the first 17 questions in February 2002.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal