A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- How do you commute to your school or your place of work?
- How far do you travel and how long does it take you?
- How do you travel? Is it expensive? Is it tiring?
- What are some of the reasons why people commute?
- Would you rather work in a nearer place?
- If you work far from your house, why have you chosen to commute a long way to work?
- Would you ever travel between countries or states in order to keep a better job? Why or why not?
- In your viewpoint, what are the advantages and disadvantages of commuting?
- If you didn't have any relatives or wife/husband, would you travel abroad for work? Why or why not?
- Would you like to live abroad? Why or why not?
- If you moved to another country, what things would you miss about where you live now? Which ones would you be glad to get away from?
- Are there certain professions which require commuting?
- Would you give up your job if you had to commute frequently?
- Would you accept a job that requires commuting two hours a day one way?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal