A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- What do you do to encourage yourself when going through hard times? Does it work?
- Who do you talk to for encouragement and inspiration?
- What books offer encouragement and inspiration?
- Which of your family members encourage you most? How?
- How can discouragement help us to grow?
- What do you do when you feel depressed?
- What could someone do to encourage you when you feel depressed?
- What are some saying in your country that bring encouragement?
- What's the most encouraging book you've ever read?
- Which is better a word of encouragement or a letter of encouragement? Why?
- Is time a weapon to fight discouragement with? Why? How?
- How can you motivate others our yourself to have hope when there seems like there's no hope?
- Should people just accept whatever comes there way?
- What are some ways you feel you can make a difference in this world.
- How can you make this world a better place?
- How would you encourage a homeless bun who had no friends or relatives?
- If you suddenly became handicapped, how would you encourage yourself and others?
- What song encourages you most?
- Who's music encourages you most?
- What television show encourages you most?
- What person has inspired you the most? How?
- What celebrity has inspired you most? How
- What's your favorite encouraging saying?
- Do you encourage others when you see them crying? How?
- What would you want someone to do for you if you were crying publicly because you were deeply hurt inside?
- How can you fight discouraging thoughts about yourself?
- When should you see a counselor or psychologist?
- Can church, temples, mosque or other religious places help bring someone encouragement or inspiration?
- What religious books do people turn to for encouragement and inspiration.
- How can you make yourself believe more in yourself.
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal