A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
Fads and Trends
- What is a fad?
- Do you pay attention to fads?
- What were some fads when you were in high school?
- What were some fads when you were in college?
- What are some fads now?
- Are fads the same as popular culture?
- What are some of the fads in your home country? Are they the same as where you are living now?
- Why do you think people pay attention to fads?
- What fad influence your life the most?
- What portion of the general population do you think creates or follows fads?
- How do fads start and who starts them? Today? In the past?
- What media influences how fads evolve?
- If you wanted to start a trend, how would you go about it?
- How long does it take for a fad to die out?
- What are the current trends in fashion?
- What are the current trends in electronics?
- What are the current trends in music, books, or movies?
- What are the current trends in dating/relationships?
- How do you learn about the current trends?
- Are there any current trends you don't like?
- Are there any trends from the past you hope come back?
- Are there any trends from the past you hope never come back?
- What sorts of trends do you think will develop in the near future?
- Name a trend that you followed.
- What is a fad diet? Can you name any?
- What is a yo-yo diet?
- Have you ever tried a fad diet?
- Do you count calories? Do you think counting calories is a good way to lose weight?
- Do you ever eat or drink "diet" products, such as diet coke?
- Have you ever tried a weight loss program?
- Was it successful?
- Do your parents talk about fads "in their day"?
- What fads or trends do you remember from the 80's, 90's or any other time period?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal