A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- What day of the month is halloween?
- Why is halloween celebrated?
- Can you explain the history of halloween?
- How is halloween celebrated in your country?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What makes you afraid of ghosts?
- What are some of the symbols of halloween?
- What kind of costume are you going to wear to the halloween party?
- Is your pumpkin still out ?
- Are you still eating halloween candy?
- Why do you like to celebrate Halloween?
- Do you believe in magic?
- Did you know there were real 'witch trials' in the seventeenth century?
- Why do you think they happened?
- Do you think there are really witches and monsters and creatures living amongst us in the real world, or are those things just from our imagination?
- If you could choose to be any monster or creature, what would it be?
- What is your favorite magical story?
- Character in a book?
- If you could use a magical spell, like a love spell, on somebody, would you?
- What other countries celebrate Halloween?
- Can you describe the best costume you've seen.
- Is your pumpkin still out?
- Are you still eating Halloween candy?
- How long does it take for a pumpkin to rot?
- Are you going to have an Halloween party?
- Would you go out and trick or treat? Who would you go with?
- Do you know any Halloween legends?
- Do you think Halloween is dangerous?
- What do you know about the history of the holiday?
- Do you think it is appropriate to celebrate it still today?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal