A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- Are you a happy person?
- What is happiness for you?
- What do you think is the color for happiness?
- Do you think that happiness lies within you? Or does it depend upon other people and external things?
- Can money buy happiness?
- Is happiness a state of mind?
- What makes you feel happy?
- What are the three most important things for you to be happy?
- Is happiness relative, that is, does it have a different meaning for each person?
- Are single people happy?
- Would you be happier with a soul mate or single?
- Does having an animal/pet make you happy?
- What is the effect that animals/pets have on people to make them feel happy?
- What makes you happy?
- When was the happiest time of your childhood?
- Can you be happy if you are rich?
- Can you be happy is you are poor?
- How can you become happy again when you are sad?
- Is happiness a goal?
- How often do you feel really happy?
- Are the people in your country generally very happy?
- Are you very happy most of the time?
- What makes you unhappy?
- What's the most miserable you've been?
- How happy are you compared with your friends?
- Do you wake up happy every morning?
- Do you agree that older people are less happy?
- What is there to be happy about in the world today?
- What affects your levels of happiness?
- Does your happiness change during different times of the day, week, month or year?
- What is or was the happiest time of your life?
- Do you need money to be happy?
- What do you think of the idea of a government Happiness Minister who is responsible for the happiness of the population?
- Do you think some nations are happier than others?
- What is missing in your life that would make you very happy?
- Why are teenagers some of the happiest people in the world?
- What was the happiest time in your entire life?
- Do you feel that you have to work hard and be miserable now in order to be happy later?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal