A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- After you graduate do you want to live in your hometown? Why or why not?
- Can I visit your hometown on the Internet?
- Do you like your hometown? Why or why not?
- How many TV channels do you get at home?
- Do you miss your home country?
- What do you miss the most?
- Do your childhood friends still live in your hometown?
- If not, where are they now?
- Does anyone famous come from your hometown?
- Does your hometown have any festivals? What happens at that festival?
- How long does it take to get from your hometown to here?
- Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid? If so, how? Have the changes been for the better or worse?
- Is your hometown famous for anything?
- Where is your hometown?
- What is the population of your hometown?
- What is the population of your country?
- What are some things in your hometown that are part of history?
- What does your hometown produce? What does it grow?
- What is the best season in your hometown?
- What is the best thing about your hometown?
- What is the worst thing about your hometown?
- What's there to do in your hometown?
- What's your hometown like?
- When is the best time to come to your hometown?
- Where are you from?
- What is the geography of your hometown? (i.e. beach, mountains, etc.)
- What are the main attractions in your hometown?
- What are the main economical resources in your hometown?
- Can you describe the main geographical features of your hometown?
- What is the average temperature in winter time? (summer time?)
- Would you like to be in your hometown now? Why or why not?
- If you could live anywhere, where would you like to live?
- How do you see your hometown growing in the next 20 years?
- Is your hometown growing? Is this a good or a bad thing?
- Tell me why I would enjoy visiting your hometown.
- Tell me why I should visit your hometown.
- What interesting city lies to the north, south, east, west of your hometown?
- How many stoplights does your hometown have?
- Does your hometown have a college or university?
- Does your hometown have a shopping mall shopping?
- Does your hometown have antique shopping places?
- Where is the best place to get a reasonably priced, but delicious meal in your hometown?
- How long have you lived in your hometown?
- Do any of your family members (still) live in your hometown?
- Where did your maternal and paternal great-great-great grandparents live or come from?
- Do you hope that someday your hometown would be world famous for something? What could it be famous for?
- What is the average yearly rain fall for your hometown?
- Does it snow in your hometown?
- If you could change one thing in your hometown, what would you change and why?
- Would you ever run away from your home?
- How many members of your family were born in your hometown?
- Were you born there?
- Is any farming done in your hometown?
- Is so, what crops are grown?
- What animals are raised?
- What is the rate of crime in your hometown?
- What crimes are most common?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1982-2000 by Charles Kelly & Lawrence Kelly (Used by Permission)
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal