A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- What are the best and the most useful inventions of the mankind in the 20th and 21st centuries?
- What famous inventors do you know?
- What were their inventions?
- Do you know anything about the inventions of Leonardo da Vinci?
- How did the invention of television change people's life?
- Do you think it is a useful invention?
- What is the role of television in your life?
- How often do you watch it?
- When did you buy or get your first mobile phone?
- Do you think you can live without your mobile or is it now an important part of your daily life?
- Are you anxious when the battery is flat or you are out of reach?
- What do scientists say about the influence of mobile phones on our health?
- Do you use the Internet?
- What Internet services do you use?
- Do you feel any addiction to the Internet?
- How much do you spend on the Internet a month?
- How did the Internet influence such things as communication, correspondence, access to information?
- Do you think that the Internet is the good or the evil?
- What do you think is the worst invention of the mankind? (weapon, atomic energy, cigarettes, television, mobile phones, cars, genetically modified products etc)
- Can you name some inventions are you looking forward to? (human cloning, time traveling, eternal-life-pill, AIDS\cancer vaccine, teleportation)
- What do you know about cloning?
- Who invented it?
- How does it work?
- Who is Dolly (sheep)?
- What is your attitude to human cloning?
- Do you think it should be prohibited?
- What is good and bad about human cloning?
- Do you think time machine will ever be invented?
- Would you like to do some time traveling?
- What time would you like to visit, what event would you like to witness?
- Do you think aging is the problem the mankind can not fight?
- What discoveries and inventions has been made recently to fight aging?
- Do you believe that the elixir of life will ever be discovered?
- Would you like to be immortal or would you just prefer to remain young throughout your life and die in the end?
- What is the use of space exploration?
- What technologies has space exploration brought to our daily life?
- Do you believe that one day people will live on the moon and on other planets?
- Why isn't it possible today?
- What would you invent if your a scientist?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal