A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- Can you tell me something about yourself?
- What do you know about our organization?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What can you do for us that someone else can't?
- What do you find most attractive about this position?
- What seems least attractive about it?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you look for in a job?
- Please give me your definition of the position for which you are being interviewed.
- How long would it take you to make a meaningful contribution to our firm?
- How long would you stay with us?
- Your resume suggests that you may be over-qualified or too experienced for this position. What's your opinion?
- What is your management style?
- Are you a good manager?
- Can you give me some examples?
- Do you feel that you have top managerial potential?
- What do you look for when you hire people?
- Have you ever had to fire people?
- What were the reasons?
- How did you handle the situation?
- What do you think is the most difficult thing about being a manager or executive?
- What important trends do you see in our industry?
- Why are you leaving (did you leave) your present (last) job?
- How do you feel about leaving all your benefits to find a new job?
- In your current (last) position, what features do (did) you like the most? The least?
- What do you think of your boss?
- Why aren't you earning more at your age?
- What do you feel this position should pay?
- What are your long-range goals?
- How successful have you been so far?
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- What high school did you attend?
- Are you married? Can you tell me about your family?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What are your long-range career objectives?
- What would you like to do in the future?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Are you qualified for this position?
- How well do you work with people?
- What is a good working environment for you?
- Why should I hire you?
- What was a movie you saw recently that impressed you?
- Do you enjoy traveling?
- Why do you think we should hire you for this job?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal