A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- What do you think are some good manners?
- What do you think are some bad manners?
- Can you think of some good manners that are bad manners in another country?
- What are the titles of some books on manners? Have you ever read them?
- What are some good manners for using a cell phone?
- What are some good table manners?
- What are some good party manners?
- Is kissing in public good manners?
- Do you say "hi" to people even if they are strangers? Why? Why not?
- Do you listen to other's people conversations on the street?
- Do you think it is good manners to hug or kiss another person in greeting?
- Do you let people pass you when you are driving in your car? Is it considered a good manner?
- Do you honk your horn to people when you drive?
- Why are manners important?
- Do people have more manners now or in earlier times?
- Can manners affect your success in life? How?
- What's the best way to teach manners to children?
- What culture do you think is the most polite? Explain.
- What advice would you give a foreigner visiting your country who would like to show good manners?
- What things about manners in the USA do you find difficult to adjust to?
- Is there anything about manners in the USA that you prefer to manners in your country?
- When you walk , what side should you be on?
- When you are entering an elevator, what should you, do if there are people getting out?
- How closely do you think good manners are related to income and social status?
- Can the idea of good manners inhibit people's natural sense of fun and inhibition?
- To what extent is the idea of good manners used to control women's behavior in society?
- What manners have you found acceptable in here that would be
- bad manners in your country?
- Do you let people pass you when you are driving? Is it considered a good manner?
- What manners are found only in your country?
- Why do we have manners?
- What are some manners in your country that no longer exist?
- Do you think staring at somebody that looks totally different from you is good manners? Why do you think people stare?
- Can manners effect your success in life? How?
- What culture is the most polite? Why do you think so?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal