A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
Moving to Another Country
- (Insert country name where it says xx)
- What are some expectations you have about living in xx?
- What is your worst fear about moving to xx?
- Are you concerned that you might be discriminated against?
- Why do you think discrimination exists?
- Have you ever experienced discrimination on a personal level?
- What are some expectations you have for your children moving to xx?
- What do you think is the most serious problem for you in your move to xx?
- What are some things you can do to make your move easier?
- Do you think it would be easier if you were moving there permanently?
- What parts of 'xx' have you visited?
- Which part did you like the best and why?
- Which part do you want to visit next and why?
- What is the capital of xx?
- What is the coldest county/state/province?
- What is the warmest county/state/province?
- Name three counties/states/provinces that touch the sea, and name the sea.
- Name three counties/states/provinces that touch another country, and name the country or countries.
- What is the biggest county/state/province of xx?
- What is the smallest county/state/province of xx?
- Who is the president/prime minister/king/ruler of xx?
- What type of government does 'xx' have?
- What is the climate of xx?
- What is the currency, and the exchange rate to your currency, of xx?
- How can you travel to xx?
- Can you name the highest mountain in xx?
- Can you name the longest river in xx?
- Can you name the largest lake in xx?
- Can you name any holiday resorts in xx?
- What language do they speak in xx?
- Would you learn the language(s) of xx?
- How long do you think it would take you to learn the language of xx?
- Do you know anyone from xx?
- Do you know anyone married to someone from xx?
- Would you consider marrying someone from xx?
- If you had children with someone from 'xx' what language would you teach them? (Note: Nobody teaches babies to speak, they learn naturally!)
- If you did have children, where would you educate them, in 'xx' or your home country?
- If you decided to educate them in your home country, at what age would you do that?
- Have you got a job to go to in xx?
- How easy will it be to get a job in xx?
- How will you live if you can't find work in xx?
- Do you know the visa rules of xx?
- Can you become a 'citizen, of 'xx', and if so, would you want to?
- Would you like your children to take the citizenship of 'xx', or would you ensure that they were born in your home country thus taking on your nationality?
- Would you miss your family very much?
- Would you consider trying to take your family to xx?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal