A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- Do you like paintings?
- What are some famous paintings that you like? You don't like?
- Can you paint?
- What type of painting do you do?
- Have you ever sold one of your paintings
- Are you impressed with people who know how to paint?
- Do you have a painting of yourself?
- Would you like to pose for a painting of yourself?
- Do you know anyone who had been paid to pose for a nude painting?
- Do you like to watch a person painting?
- What's the most expensive and most beautiful painting you have ever seen?
- How much are you willing to pay for a beautiful painting?
- Do you know Leonardo da Vinci and his paintings?
- Can you name some of his paintings?
- Do have paintings at home for decoration?
- If you could be given the talent to paint, what would you paint?
- Would you sell your paintings?
Can You Say a Few Things About this Painting?(Bring some pictures to class and ask these questions.)
- How do the colors make you feel?
- How is the perspective of the painting?
- Does the painting make you feel happy or sad?
- Is it a somber or a energetic painting?
- How about the color sequence? Is it cool or warm?
- Do you like the touch of the painting?
- Can you paint like this?
- How do you get those colors?
- How does an artist get this color?
- Do you like the brush strokes?
- Isn`t this a dynamic painting?
- Isn`t this a somber painting?
- How does one draw like this?
- Does this painting look three dimensional to you? Why?
- What time of day is this painting?
- I wonder what the artist wanted to say?
- What does the artist want to say?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Thanks to Tim Barnes who suggested this topic and contributed the first 30 questions in November 2011.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal