A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- How many secrets do you have?
- Have you ever revealed someone's secret when you weren't supposed to?
- If your friend were doing something dangerous or illegal would you tell their parents or teacher?
- If your friend stole something, would you keep it a secret?
- If a friend was talking about suicide would you keep their secret or tell their parents?
- If you found your sister's or brother's diary, would you read it or would you respect their privacy?
- Would you tell your parents if you were pregnant?
- Do you think your parents have a right to know?
- When you meet someone new, are there some things that you want to keep secret or private? Why? What?
- Are you concerned about Internet privacy?
- What do you do when a web site asks you for information that you consider private or personal?
- Do you use your real name on the Internet?
- Do you have your picture on the Internet? Why or why not?
- What do you think about foreign countries asking you for your fingerprints when you live there?
- When applying for a job is it okay for the company to ask you your religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or narcotic use?
- When applying for a job is it okay for the company to ask you for your picture?
- If you were going to marry someone, but had a family secret they should know before you get married would you tell them?
- If you won a lot of money, would you tell your family? Friends?
- If you had a criminal record, would you hide it from your employer?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal