A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- Are there food kitchens for the needy in your country?
- Are there homeless shelters in your country?
- Are there many homeless people where you live?
- Are there many suicides in your country?
- Are there nursing homes in your country?
- Do you agree that teachers should use corporal punishment as a means of discipline?
- Do you know anyone who is homeless?
- Do you think it's acceptable for parents to use corporal punishment as a means of discipline? Why/why not?
- Do you think people should be allowed to smoke in public buildings?
- Do you think that minorities should be given job priority because of their race? Why/why not?
- Have you ever been a volunteer at a hospital?
- Have you ever experienced discrimination?
- Have you ever known someone with an addiction?
- In an overpopulated world, should people be free to have as many children as they want?
- Is there assistance available to people that are homeless?
- Is there public assistance in your country?
- What are some expectations parents have for their children?
- What are some reasons people use illegal drugs?
- What are some reasons that people become homeless?
- What are some things people can do to eliminate discrimination and prejudice?
- What are some ways we can help homeless people?
- What do you think is the most serious problem in the world?
- Why do you think so?
- What can we do as individuals to solve this problem?
- Do you think in vitro fertilization should be available to parents so they can choose the sex of their child?
- What do you think when you see a homeless person?
- What types of noise pollution do you hate the most?
- Who takes care of the elderly when they are no longer able to care for themselves?
- Have you ever experienced discrimination on a personal level?
- What is racism?
- What are some ways we can wear words and slogans? i.e. badges, clothes, hats etc.
- What should be done about football hooligans?
- Should drinking be allowed outdoors ( parks, squares, streets) as it is in Spain?s
- Is it morally right to spend a lot of money on pets, rather than helping people in need?
- Are you pro-life, or pro-choice? Why, and how do you see the opposing viewpoint?
- Do you believe in the individuals right to own firearms?
- How do feel about the right to carry firearms?
- Have you ever had to carry a firearm?
- How would you prevent someone from committing suicide?
- How would you describe "positive discrimination"?
- Which countries are poor?
- Why are some countries poor?
- How can the rich countries help the poor countries?
- What does G8 mean?
- Where will the G8 summit be held?
- Who will attend the G8 summit?
- What kind of people are members of the G8?
- Why do some people think graffiti is a problem for society?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1982-2000 by Charles Kelly & Lawrence Kelly (Used by Permission)
Copyright © 1997-2009 by The Internet TESL Journal