A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- Why do people use terror?
- What terror actions do you remember?
- What should be done to prevent terror?
- Are you afraid of traveling because of terror?
- Why is terror used more in some countries than others?
- Do you know of any forms of terror other than bombs?
- Have you been a victim of terror?
- Do you think terror is justified?
- How has airline travel been affected by terrorism?
- What do you think of airport security?
- Have you ever been patted down?
- Have you ever had a body scan?
- What do you think security personnel think when they see you in a body scanner?
- Is violence ever okay?
- Where were you during the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center buildings in New York City?
- Are terror tactics ever effective? When?
- What is the difference between a 'freedom fighter' and a 'terrorist'? Is there a difference?
- Is it possible for governments to cause terror? If so, give examples.
- In your own words define the word "terrorism."
- What is terrorism about?
- Can you name any terrorist groups?
- Can you name any fugitive terrorists?
- How do terrorist groups operate?
- What methods/tactics do terrorists use?
- Why do people commit terrorist acts?
- How much do you know about the Catholic/Protestant/Islamic religions?
- Is religion to blame for the increase in world terrorism? If so, how much?
- Which countries have been accused of harboring terrorists?
- Which countries have been victims of terrorist plots?
- What specific terrorist acts can you recall?
- Who's winning the war on terrorism?
- What do you believe is the best way to deal with terrorism?
- What can governments do to eradicate world terrorism?
- What kind of power could be given to special terrorist operations task-forces?
- Would you ever consider committing suicide for the sake of a cause you believe in?
- What cause would you fight for?
- Where do terrorists get their money and weapons from?
- If the money was right, would you work in a known terrorist-plagued state?
- Are governments listening hard enough to extremists? If not, why not?
- How much do you believe extremists are open to dialogue with Governing bodies?
- In your opinion will terrorism spread or decline in the future?
- Do you know anything about terrorist activities?
- Have you ever seen a terrorist?
- Do you have a friend of terrorist?
- What do you know about suicide bombers?
- Do you think that abusing a group of people can make them into terrorists?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2009 by The Internet TESL Journal