A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
- What do you know about Thanksgiving?
- Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your country? If so, how?
- What foods are associated with Thanksgiving?
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
- Who cooks Thanksgiving dinner in your home?
- How do you cook the turkey?
- What time do you start eating?
- Why do you think people celebrate Thanksgiving Day?
- What time of day does your family typically sit down to eat Thanksgiving dinner?
- What are some Thanksgiving traditions?
- What are some Thanksgiving traditions in your family?
- Do you think Thanksgiving is a family holiday? Why?
- What does "Thanksgiving" mean to you?
- What day is Thanksgiving celebrated in the United States? Canada? Your Country?
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
- What is your worst Thanksgiving memory?
- Why is football often associated with American Thanksgiving?
- If you had to list your favorite holidays, what number would Thanksgiving be? Why?
- What did you do on Thanksgiving this year? What did you do last year?
- What are some of the things you are thankful for?
- Would you rather be a Pilgrim or a native American and why?
- What was the weather like at your Thanksgiving?
- Where do you go for Thanksgiving?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Thanks to Tory who suggested this topic and contributed the first 11 questions in February 2005.
<!thorkor === canada.com>
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal