This May Be Obsolete
- Since some webmasters often change the design of their websites, the links on our treasure hunt pages may get "not found" error messages.
- Though some of these may still be functional, we do not maintain this section of our website anymore.
- We have left these online as examples of how to create a similar activity for your own students.
- At the time we began this project, many teachers did not have websites, so we offered space on our server for teachers to share their activities.
- Now, it is very easy for teachers to put up their own websites and create activities like these for their own students.
Visit these links to find the answers to the questions.
An Internet Treasure Hunt for ESL Students
Try These Searches
- How many documents match your query for each search?
Now Let's Start Our Hunt
- Write in the name of your hometown. How many pages did the search engine find?
- Write in your last name. How many pages did the search engine find?
- Write in your full name as a phrase (within quotes). How many pages were found?
- How many pages are listed with the word "Ford" that don't say anything about the past United States President Ford?
- Find some pages that have information about...
- ...your favorite musician.
- ...your favorite sport.
- ...a place which you would like to visit.
How to Avoid Some Advertising
Copyright (C) 1998 by Charles Kelly
Visit Treasure Hunts for ESL Students to find more treasure hunts.
Please report "not found" links to us.