This May Be Obsolete
- Since some webmasters often change the design of their websites, the links on our treasure hunt pages may get "not found" error messages.
- Though some of these may still be functional, we do not maintain this section of our website anymore.
- We have left these online as examples of how to create a similar activity for your own students.
- At the time we began this project, many teachers did not have websites, so we offered space on our server for teachers to share their activities.
- Now, it is very easy for teachers to put up their own websites and create activities like these for their own students.
Visit these links to find the answers to the questions.
An Internet Treasure Hunt for ESL Students
- Search for the word "dog". Do you know any of the first ten songs?
- Search for the word "radio". Do you know any of the first ten songs?
- Try searching for interesting words: love, hate, food, water, ...
- What is the URL of a page which has the Beatles' song "Yesterday"?
- Try to find one of your favorite songs.
- What song did you find?
- What's the URL of the page where you found it?
- How many links does Yahoo have listed for your favorite musician or musical group?
- Look through a few of these pages, then answer these questions.
- Which page did you like best? Write down the URL. Why was it better than the other pages?
- Which page did you like the least? Write down the URL. Why didn't you like it?
For More Fun
Copyright (C) 1998 by Charles Kelly
Visit Treasure Hunts for ESL Students to find more treasure hunts.
Please report "not found" links to us.