This May Be Obsolete
- Since some webmasters often change the design of their websites, the links on our treasure hunt pages may get "not found" error messages.
- Though some of these may still be functional, we do not maintain this section of our website anymore.
- We have left these online as examples of how to create a similar activity for your own students.
- At the time we began this project, many teachers did not have websites, so we offered space on our server for teachers to share their activities.
- Now, it is very easy for teachers to put up their own websites and create activities like these for their own students.
An Internet Treasure Hunt for ESL Students
Some of the links have changed, so this treasure hunt is currently not usable.
Please try another treasure hunt.
Visit these links to find the answers to the questions.
- Name two islands in the tropical north.
- Which one is the furthest north?
(Hint: Click on the picture of the Great Barrier Reef. Scroll down.)
- How far is it by road from Melbourne to Adelaide?
- How long does it take to fly from Melbourne to Adelaide?
- How much is one way travel from Melbourne to Adelaide by bus?
- Who can get a discount?
- Where do you catch the bus in Melbourne?
(Hint: Click on fare prices and other links at the bottom.)
- How much is the train fare from Melbourne to Adelaide?
- How much does the 'Flinders Ranges Outback Explorer' holiday cost? (full fare twin share)
- What time do you arrive back in Melbourne after the Flinders Ranges tour?
(Hint: You will need to click on the links to 'fares' and to 'holidays and travel'. You may need to hunt around to find the answer to questions two and three!)
- How much does it cost to fly from Melbourne to Adelaide when you stay 2 nights (twinshare) at the cheapest hotel on the list?
- Try an overseas destination. How much does it cost to fly to your country?
(Hint: You can fill in information about where you are leaving from and travelling to and then click on 'search'. For an overseas destination you can try clicking 'International Airfare Specials'.)
Great Barrier Reef
Scroll down to half way through the page and answer these questions.
- How far is Port Douglas from Cairns?
- Name another place near Cairns.
Uluru National Park
- How high is Ayres Rock and how far is it around the base?
- Who owns Ayres Rock?
(Hint: Scroll down below the pictures.)
- How many holiday farms are there in Australia?
- What are some of the things you can do at Fairndale?
(Hint: To find Fairndale, scroll down to the bottom and click on North Queensland.)
- What type of people wrote the reviews on this page?
- What can you learn about life in Sydney?
- What can you learn about another city or area?
Copyright (C) 1998 by Melinda Gleeson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Visit Treasure Hunts for ESL Students to find more treasure hunts.
Please report "not found" links to us.