This May Be Obsolete
- Since some webmasters often change the design of their websites, the links on our treasure hunt pages may get "not found" error messages.
- Though some of these may still be functional, we do not maintain this section of our website anymore.
- We have left these online as examples of how to create a similar activity for your own students.
- At the time we began this project, many teachers did not have websites, so we offered space on our server for teachers to share their activities.
- Now, it is very easy for teachers to put up their own websites and create activities like these for their own students.
Sights of Arizona
Visit these links to find the answers to the questions.
An Internet Treasure Hunt for ESL Students
Forest National Park
- When was the first gold strike made in Goldfield?
- What type of businesses did the town support?
- What are some of the things you can do in Goldfield today?
Canyon National Park
- How many years ago were the trees covered up?
- What wore away the layers of hardened sediments to expose
- What types of things are made from petrified wood today?
- What will visitors to the Grand Canyon never forget?
- Do most visitors visit the North or the South Rim?
- What are the names of the two main South Rim trails?
- How many other hikers did the author and his father encounter
on the way to the falls?
- What kind of large insect did the author see on the hike?
- Was the temperature of the water cold or warm?
- Which route south of Flagstaff passes through pine forests
and then descends into Oak Creek canyon?
- What has sedona become well known for?
- Go to Slide Rock State Park. What can people do there?
- What is the name of another popular trail near Slide Rock
Copyright (C) 1999 by Tim
Visit Treasure Hunts for
ESL Students to find more treasure hunts.
Please report "not found" links to us.