| iteslj.org/games |
Level: Medium to Difficult
Submitted by Pablo Ortega-Juárez
- STEP 1:
- On the top of a page each student writes the following: category names:
NAME, PLACE, ACTION, ANIMAL, OBJECT, FRUIT/VEGGY and TOTAL.
- STEP 2:
- Someone starts saying the alphabet, A, B, C...etc. then someone else interrupts the alphabet-teller shouting : STOP!!!
- STEP 3:
- Let us suppose the alphbet-teller was interrupted on letter "K". All the participants in the game would try to find words that start with "K" to fill out the category chart. For example one may write: Kansas for "PLACE", koala for "ANIMAL", key for "OBJECT", kiwii for "FRUIT" and so on.
- STEP 4:
- The participant that finishes filling all categories first shouts STOP!! And all the others should stop writing.
- STEP 5:
- The participants compare their words. The words repeated by two players are worth 50 points. the words repeated by three or more are worth 25. The words that are not repeated by anyone are worth 100 points. The empty categories are "0". Each player adds up all the points he got for the letter in turn and put the result in the "TOTAL" At the end of the game all the subtotals are added and the one who gets the highest score is the winner.
Copyright (C) 1999 by The Internet TESL Journal