| iteslj.org/games |
Verb Review Game
Level: Any Level
This game can be played in teams or individually, depending on the size end knowledge of the students.
The student or team with the most points is the winner.
- Step 1:
- The teacher gives the students 5 minutes to review a list of both regular and irregular verbs.
- Step 2:
- Then the teacher writes something like this on the board : "things we do with our feet"
- Step 3:
- The students then have exactly one minute to write all the verbs related to this topic, such as: walk, kick, dance, run, jump, etc.
- Step 4:
- After the time is up, the teacher checks the students' lists of vebs.
Each verb counts for one point.
Any verbs appearing in more than one list are elliminated.
- Then the teacher writes another topic on the board, "things we do with our mouth", for instance.
NOTE:This game can be used to review ot only verbs but also adjetives, nouns etc.
Submitted by Pablo Ortega
Copyright (C) 1999 by The Internet TESL Journal