A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
Honesty and Truthfulness
- What is the definition of honesty?
- What do we mean when we say a person is honest?
- Why is honesty important?
- Why is honesty so difficult at times?
- When is honesty difficult?
- What is the opposite of honesty?
- Why is it good to be honest?
- Why is dishonesty not good?
- Is there a difference between honesty and truthfulness?
- Is there a different between dishonesty and lying?
- When have you been honest?
- When have you been dishonest?
- At what times do you appreciate people being honest with you?
- When have you had times when people have been dishonest with you?
- How do feel when you have been dishonest with someone?
- How do you feel when someone has been dishonest with you?
- Who have you been honest with?
- How can you be honest and not hurt someone?
- Is it ever all right to give only a partial truth?
- When might it be all right to give only a partial truth?
- When might it be kind more to be completely honest with someone?
- Are there people that you do not trust?
- How can you tell when people are being dishonest with you?
- How can people tell if you have been dishonest with them?
- What kind of problems does dishonesty cause?
- What are some common situations when people are sometimes dishonest?
- Is dishonesty every justifiable?
- What is truthfulness?
- What do we mean when we say that a person if truthful?
- Why is it important to be truthful?
- Are you always truthful?
- What problems do you encounter when you are not truthful?
- How can you tell when people are being truthful with you?
- How do people act when they are untruthful?
- How do you feel when people have been untruthful with you?
- How do you feel when you have been untruthful to others?
- What is a half truth?
- When have you told a half truth?
- Is a half truth really being truthful?
- What is a misleading truth?
- When have you heard a misleading truth?
- What professions are sometimes accused of giving misleading or half-truths?
- How can you tell when someone is not telling you the whole truth?
- What are some situations when telling a partial truth might be OK?
- When are times when it might be kinder to tell a partial truth to someone?
- What is the different between telling a partial truth and lying?
- How do you know when to trust someone?
- What do you do if you are in a biracial relationship and you have moved in together, and you find out that your boyfriend hasn't told his best friend you are black or white?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal