A Part of Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom.
Related: Dating, First Dates
- Why do you think some people remain single?
- Would you like to be single all your life?
- Do you think that single people like being single?
- Is it better to be single or married? Why?
- What are the advantages of being single?
- Do you think that single people are happier?
- Do you think it is easier for a man or a woman to be single?
- Why do you think some people prefer to be single?
- How do you think single people feel on Valentine's Day?
- Do you think that there is a soulmate somewhere for everyone?
- In your country, what do people think about a woman in her 30s who is unmarried?
- In your country, what do people think about a man in his 30s who is unmarried?
- In your country do single people of opposite sex ever live together as roommates, not as boyfriend or girlfriend?
- Do you think it is fair that in some countries married people get tax benefits and single people don't?
- What are the consequences of being single?
- What are the advantages of being married?
- Do you have any single aunts or uncles? Can you describe their lifestyles?
- Do you know any single parents? How did they become single parents?
- What does your culture think about single parenting?
- Does your government support single parents?
- Do partners in your culture sometimes live in separate houses?
- Are there any perks of being single?
- What do you consider to be your biggest Freudian slip?
If you can think of another good question for this list, please add it.
Copyright © 1997-2010 by The Internet TESL Journal