Internet Treasure Hunts for ESL Students
Some people call them scavenger hunts.
This is a part of The Internet TESL Journal's Activities for ESL Students
Some of These May Be Obsolete
- Since some webmasters often change the design of their websites, the links on our treasure hunt pages may get "not found" error messages.
- Though some of these may still be functional, we do not maintain this section of our website anymore.
- We have left these online as examples of how to create a similar activity for your own students.
- At the time we began this project, many teachers did not have websites, so we offered space on our server for teachers to share their activities.
- Now, it is very easy for teachers to put up their own websites and create activities like these for their own students.
If you are doing these in the classroom, your teacher may ask you to follow these directions.
- Write your answers on a piece of paper.
- When you finish compare your answers with other people in the class.
- Write down the address of the sites you want to visit again.
The purpose of these treasure hunts is ...
- to see some of the things you can do on the Internet.
- to practice moving around on the Internet.
- to practice searching for information on the Internet.
If you want more, try these.
Temporary Not Usable
Teachers: Please help us write a few "hunts" for students.
The Internet TESL Journal (Contact)